Thread: Tiger at the Mayhew (London)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiger at the Mayhew (London)

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/in...post&p=1777086

They are looking for someone to rehome or foster him
    Davy, SiānE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

how could they just becuase they are moving house poor fellow---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

!! A dog that enjoys baths?! Too bad he's not in Canada! I WISH I had a dog that enjoyed baths!

What an adorable little fella. It's unfortunate that owners aren't more responsible with their animals.
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

He'll be snapped up.Cavaliers always are on Dogpages.

Izzy used to love baths. He would try to get into the bath everytime he followed me to the bathroom. Teddy likes them when it's another dog in the bath; he wants in , too.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arasara
    !! A dog that enjoys baths?! Too bad he's not in Canada! I WISH I had a dog that enjoyed baths!
    (
    Holly likes her baths. I think it's because they're warm and she gets cuddled afterwards
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good that he went to rescue and I'm sure he'll be very quickly homed.

The two main reasons for giving up dogs/taking to pound/giving to rescue:

1) moving house 'and the garden isn't nice enough/big enough/is being redone so he can't use it/won't have a garden
    2) we are having a baby and cannot imagine trying to walk the dog twice a day -- even though we just got the dog two years ago and knew we'd be planning a family

Number three is always something related to the dog's behaviour -- and when you meet the dog, it is clear it has never had an ounce of effort dedicated to the training with which the problem would never have arisen in the first place... I've yet to meet a cavalier with a real personality problem, but I've met lots of cavaliers with problems caused by the way they have (or haven't) been treated...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

If they're giving them up for those reasons they didn't deserve to have them in the first place. Of course that's not much good to the millions of dogs that are left homeless every year, but at least they have some people on their side.

Ever since I read that poem on the General Discussion (How could you?) I've felt even more emotional than usual about this.
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Couldn't agree more! I don't understand how they can take the time to know he likes baths and rich tea biscuits and then give him up?

Humans?
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsmum
    I don't understand how they can take the time to know he likes baths and rich tea biscuits and then give him up?
    That's very true! But you'd be surprised at what people will tell you about how much they love their dogs and all sorts of little details -- then will rehome to just anyone or leave them to you to sort them out 'otherwise I have to take him to be pts at the vet/take him to the pound if you can't come get him'.

I'm dealing with a situation like this right now for a dog that was rehomed inapropriately by the owner and now I am supposed to drive several hours to sort out the dog because the original owner doesn't have time. Which I cannot do because I too have a job and limits in what I can manage. Plus there is a nearby option to sort the dog if it can come into rescue. As it was supposed to do in the first place.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely little boy. I think they want a forever home for him rather than a foster. I have offered to foster him though He could chase the cats from the garden with Charlie - it's Charlie's favourite sport - considering I was told that he was fine with cats and adored them! the only thing he adores about them is seeing them scarper out of the garden