• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How was your dog for Halloween?

arasara

Just wondering how everybody's poochies reacted to Halloween..? This was our first!

Kosmo and I went on a walk as soon as I got home. Because of the time change it was fairly dark outside. He must have barked at every lit up pumpkin in the world. I know they say dogs can't see colors, but anything red or orange scares the crap out of him. It always has. At the end of the walk we went by my brother in law's house who happens to be a huge Halloween maniac. He was outside in his Mike Myers mask with fake blood and everything on him.. My goodness was Kosmo ever SCARED of hiM!! It was hillarious. He was running around and barking but crying little whines in between barks. When I got tired of laughing I picked him up and passed him to the "big scary man" which, of course, he figured out was not too bad after all. Big scary man = TREATS! 8)

When we got home the kids started coming. At first he couldn't understand WHY ON EARTH they weren't coming for him!! He ran out to the porch a few times and then I finally remembered to tell him to "stay." He was perfect after that. FUnniest thing happened about 5 minutes ago. It's now almost 9PM here and the kids have finished coming.. or at least I thought. So 2 kids come to the door and I am halfway out of it from exhaustion and I open the door and Kosmo, of course, runs out to greet the visitors. I forgot to tell him to stay. :? The boy kid (maybe about 9) SCARED to death of dogs. He ran off the porch in almost a cry and Kosmo started licking the little girls leg.. :roll: Anyways the boy seen this and came back up on the porch for a pet and a kiss before leaving..

I think we might have helped to erase a dogs=fear state of mind in a little boy. 8) Arent Cavaliers the best dogs in the whole world?!

It sounds like Kosmo had a fun & eventful first Halloween!

Lucky and I had a blast too! We weren't home for the trick or treaters ... I actually forgot to buy candy since we'd planned to go to a Halloween Party at the Doggie Daycare run by our vet.

The party was GREAT!!! Lucky had a blast, got to meet a bunch of other dogs including another Cav dressed as ... you guessed it! Another Police Officer!!! It was sooo cute. And Lucky's Cousin Razz won 2nd prize in the costume contest. I'll post pictures later in a different thread. :)

Lucky saw a few kids dressed up in funny costumes, but mostly he saw a lot of strange looking dogs dressed as princesses, superman, giraffes, farmers, hula girls, etc. It was great fun!

:dogwlk:

Wesley went absolutely beserk every time the doorbell rang. Quite funny because we have only lived in this neighborhood a month so all the neighbors are really coming to the door for a meet, great and peek (into what we have done with the place). lol. They had quite the welcoming commitee with all three dogs running toward the door barking like crazy. I eventually had to crate Wesley because he was driving me INSANE with the whimpering and crying. :yikes I loved having the trick or treaters, they are just tooooooo cute!!! This was my first EVER Halloween in my own house so tonight was really special; all the kids got at least two heaping handfuls of candy!!!! I am typing SUPER fast because of the major sugar high that I am on!! I hope everyone else's was as fun as mine!!!

I did not have any problems with trick or treaters and Brady freaking out because I didn't get any! I bought candy for nothing. Guess I have to eat it now :)

We only had three kids, including the two neighbor children that Posey knows and loves, but she still went NUTS! It's the most barking I've ever heard out of her—I think she was scared of the piles of feathers on the little gal's head (she was a pink flamingo—very cute).

Then her buddy (our friend's pug) came over for a playdate, so they kept each other occupied all night.

I bought tons and tons of Candy along with Playdoh.

We didn't have as many kids as last year just as well.

I had to crate the dogs, as they were going mad with the doorbell ringing constantly.
Then I had to let them out of the crates as they just would not stop, they wanted to see everything. Nosey boys, ended up putting on the leash and tying it to the stairs.

Thought you might enjoy this picture since I am a party pooper and don't dress up my dogs.

Here is a shot of my son David (Mustard) and his Friend (Ketchup) :jmp2:

Frank could of passed as a Hot Dog since he is always laying on that damm sofa. :bang:

StephenDavid.jpg

I live on top of a huge hill so I NEVER get any trick-or-treaters at my house. So I loaded up my candy and Spencer and headed over to Josh's parents neighborhood. They live in a posh neighborhood and have loads of kiddies come by for candy. Spencer dressed up as a hot dog (which he LOVES wearing his outfit!) :lol: He was very friendly to all the kids and was a big hit! Izzy stayed at home as she tends to be very fussy and not friendly toward children she does not know. :(

This pic is really blurry because it was taken with my phone, but you can still tell how happy he was to be a hot dog!!! Notice Howie to the right of him saying "What the heck are you wearing???" :lol:

HotDog.jpg

LOL Avi and Frank were doing the same thing last night Linda - :roll:

Mustard and Ketchup - LOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: That absolutely cracks me up.

I am glad that Kos stayed when I told him to. I wasn't really expecting it to be honest with you. He was really good with the trick or treaters though. He just wanted to run to the porch and say hello - you know the whole world revolves around him.. :roll: My crazy brother in law was trying to scare hiim with that big sword every chance he got - I could have killed him, but Kos got over his fears of people in costume, so I guess that's a good thing. ;)

I have lotsa candy left over. I am gonna end up rolley polley. :?

Ketchup and Mustard are so cute! And I love that little hot dog.

Our Halloween was a complete bust. Last year we had lots of trick or treaters. So I bought 4 bags of candy. We had two doorbell rings last night :( I close the puppy gate so the dogs can't get to the front door. Very quiet night for us.

Linda and Lindsay, love the costumes I don't know which is cuter, the mustard and ketchup or the furry hot dog :lol:

I bought loads of sweeties but we had hardly any kids come round :( Maxx loves Hallowe'en and gets really excited when the kids come to the door dressed up but Charlie stood in the hallway and barked at them all.

I know most of the kids who called and they were all trying to say 'Hi' to Charlie but he was having none of it :roll: All we got from him was woof woof woof as he jumped backwards :roll: :lol:

LOL @ the hot dog!! That's so funny.. you guys all had the same kind of theme.. Now we just have to find another cavalier hamburger and it will complete the picnic. :lol:

Where did you all find your lovely halloween costumes anyways? I went out looking but it seemed like everything we found was not geared for small dogs. The smalls were about a cocker spaniel size. :(

Cathy T and Donna,

You guys can end up rolly with me! :) I have lotsa candy to eat now too!! :yikes :yikes

Sally seemed ok last night never made a sound with the fireworks and never minded the bell ringing every couple of minutes, but today i have noticed that when ever anybody rings the bell or walks in she is going mad. It has to be because of last night, as she has never did this before, i have been ignore her as i thought if i give her any attention i would probaly be telling her there is something to be scared of. Am i doing the right thing.

:*bay: :*bay: :*bay: :*bay: :*bay: :*bay: :*bay: :*bay:

When retail stores fail, always turn to the allmighty Ebay :) They had LOADS of dog costumes! It was hard to choose from, but obviously the hot dog was what Spencer reeeeeeeeally wanted to be ;)

Linda, I love the ketchup and mustard (and the hot dog!). :lol:
I really love Halloween.

Coco was great for Halloween. She was happy to greet trick or treaters. I got her a pumpkin costume, which she surprisingly didn't mind wearing. It was a soft cotton/fleecy material with snap buttons. The kids loved her- they ran down the driveway to their parents screaming, "They have the cutest puppy!"

Here's Coco:

cocopumpkin.jpg

Coco is just precious, I just love how soft her costume is any wonder why she was a big hit at the door. :D :D :D :D

For some reason here in Toronto, not a lot of people are into putting costumes on dogs. When you order them of the Internet you are never guaranteed that they are going to fit properly plus we always always get hit with Duty Charges.

I used to be really really into Halloween about 5 years ago, would spend months preparing tomb stones like (Phil Me Crackin 1860-1893) only problem was they were made from styrofoam and it was a nightmare getting them to stay in the ground. I think the kids miss me not decorating. Maybe I will next year, we have a friend who is really really into it and he actually lays in a coffin inside his garage all night and when the kids go through the haunted garage he sits up. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes He scares the s#$t out of them. He loves every minute of it.

The news usually go over and film it. It takes him forever to put it all up and then taking it all down is even worse. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Wow, thats great! Id love to see your friends decorations! I loved decorating every year for Halloween, but this year I didn't put much up. I think I was afraid Coco would get to it. :roll:

You are right though about people not being into dog costumes. I lived in U.S. for the past 6-7 years, and Halloween is so much more commercialized there. (No offense to Americans). It's a much bigger holiday over there, and so there's more merchandise available. I'm sure over time, Canadians will soon be dressing up their dogs in costumes too as they become more readily available!

I actually saw quite a few costumes in stores. I guess people aren't purchasing them? I didn't see any dogs in costumes. And I didn't hear about any doggy costume get-togethers or contests like other members did. :( Maybe in the future.

btw, I loved the photo of Dudley in the leaves for the calendar- of course, I voted for it.

Duncan and Arthur's pictures will be on the cpu this afternoon....mommy has sent daddy home for lunch to get the camera since I forgot it... :D :D :D :D ...I love making him do stuff like that.

Anyway, stand by for the cuteset little skeleton and ghost in Florida last night.

Here they are for Halloween!!

288175837_957cc5307d.jpg

Back