• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barney was attack?

My sister had to fight off a big dog once to protect an attack on her dog. My sister was in such a state. The girl who owned to dog begged her to call the police as she wanted to have her dog taken off her, she couldn't cope. How dare she let this happen on perpose to get rid of her dog.

Are all staffs bad with other dogs? I quite like them but every staff I've known was nice to pepole but would attack other dogs given the chance.

Don't think all of them are Pauline. We had neighbours who had one & he'd run and hide behind his Mamma's legs when he saw Maxx coming - he was petrified of him as Maxx was such a bouncy Puppy and Onyx was getting old :? He was such a softie I don't think he even knew how to growl :lol:

No I donot think all staffies are like that Barney is still as friendly and willing to say hello to every one he meets ----Aileen

I hope that your dog is ok.

We were less fortunate with Charlie (who died recently aged 12) when he was only an 11 month old puppy. He was attacked by a German Shepherd for no reason when he was on the lead down the park.

Unfortunately, he was totally covered in bite marks and he lost his right eye which had to be removed and sewn up. :(

The police were not interested as the law in the UK only covers attacks on humans. The owners of the dog paid the vets bills, but still carried on taking that awful dog loose down the park. :sl*p: Charlie adapted well, but was very nervous of any dog bigger than him.

mishmosh said:
I hope that your dog is ok.

We were less fortunate with Charlie (who died recently aged 12) when he was only an 11 month old puppy. He was attacked by a German Shepherd for no reason when he was on the lead down the park.

Unfortunately, he was totally covered in bite marks and he lost his right eye which had to be removed and sewn up. :(

The police were not interested as the law in the UK only covers attacks on humans. The owners of the dog paid the vets bills, but still carried on taking that awful dog loose down the park. :sl*p: Charlie adapted well, but was very nervous of any dog bigger than him.

:cry*ing: Poor Charlie! How could they let their dog loose in the park after what he had done! :swear:

I am glad Barney is okay. Having your dog attacked is awful. Two weeks ago a Rat Terrier broke away from it's owner and attacked Audrey while we were out for a walk. Luckily no physical harm was done but I have never seen my husband so angry. Out of instinct he pulled the dog off her by the collar. The dog was just choking as my husband gave him back to the owner. My husband's beef was that this owner was smoking a cigarette and not paying attention. After walking a different way since yesterday I figured it was unlikely to happen again and walked our usual route. I got two doors down from the attacking dog's home and Audrey stopped in her tracks. No way was she going by that house! What a memory they have!!!! We now have a new permanant route!!

Back