Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the end of my tether!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Estelle,
    syringomyelia (SM) .You can find all the information about it under the SM and MVD section. It's totally unrelated to your problem with Charlie and I'm sorry if I worried you. The point I was trying to make is that I hadn't a clue about Cavaliers when I got Rudee. I didn't know that they are prone to so many illnesses because they are so closely bred. I just wanted a puppy and I didn't find her ; she found me, and we shared nearly thirteen years together and all I did was watch her and learn what foods etc upset her tummy so that I could avoid them.

I've just had a look over Rudee's diary (my step-daughters bought it for her as a puppy present and I wrote in all of her Vet visits etc) and I note that a lot of her early tummy probs were indeed Colitis. Spot on Karlin As Karlin says, DON'T do anything drastic. Let Charlies tummy settle and then get a 2nd opinion.

Claire
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everyone is quite right. I feed Merlin on Bakers - I know its not the best but he looks good, he eats well so I can't complain. I do think his poo is too soft though so I've migrated him onto the sensitive one ( Bakers have finally done some research!) - it has no gluten, wheat, soy or dairy and no major colourings. He's been on it a few days now so I should be able to see poo texture changes ( I hope in the next few days) - Oakley is on the puppy version but tends to eat some of Merlins aswell - now his poo is completely different - quite solid really. ( I think I've gone a bit off topic.....)

Merlin as a pup had ups and downs - he had his glands emptied once and has never had them done since - still on the same food. I think its just body development
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)