• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppy pads....

lily

I use these next to the door & in her crate during the day she only has her blanket but on a night i was just gonna leave nothing in so i didnt confuse her but hubby advised me to use paper so as not to confuse her with pads!!!!! should i be using anything in the crate or will i just confuse lily??

thanks.........

When our doggie was younger we used the puppy pads for him, but they were always outside the crate. We put them in the big x-pen where we kept the crate, but away from the crate so he wouldn't be going potty right next to his crate. Dogs usually want to keep thier sleeping place clean.
For overnight, we would make sure he didn't have any food or water for about 2 hours before putting him in the crate at night. We would take him out for potty often and then a final trip out right before we put him in the crate for nighttime. That way he would sleep for at least 5 hours before he had to have a potty break.

thanks laura

lily is great really considering shes only nearly 8 wks. She cant go out yet though so we toilet her about 10.30 at night & she goes right through til 7 the next morning. She has only pooe'd once in the crate which is great. I just didnt want to confuse her . i'll keep paper in crate on a night but not during the day. I left her for 2 hrs today with the radio on & lovely heating for the 1st time today & she seemed to have slept & was sleeping when i got home, no wees or signs of bordem as she flings her blanket round if shes being frustrated...

There should be soft blanket or bed inside the crate at all times, both day and night, for her to cuddle up in and sleep. :flwr:

yeah kathy i have 2 soft blankets which i change each day. I wouldnt let her lie without one.... though like now, shes not even lying anywhere near it..... ah bless her... :l*v:

I can't wait to see photos of your little pup! :wggle: I'll bet she's absolutely adorable. We got India at 11-12 weeks, so we never got to see her at 7-8 weeks!

hi cathy

ive posted some pics the other day in the link for introductions saying' sorry i didnt see this link''....

I just looked at your photos of her a little while ago. What an adorable pup - Very pretty Tri baby!

Back