Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: Sam: 6 year old waiting for a home/Dublin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HOMED: Sam: 6 year old waiting for a home/Dublin

This is Sam, who was homed to a great home but after a month was a bit too strong and domineering for the second (male) cavalier in the house. He is one of the most beautiful males I have ever had in rescue with this very handsome face, a large boy, full of energy and activity -- more like a 2 or 3 year old than the 6 year old he is. However he also likes to curl up in his bed or on a couch -- and to sleep under people's beds!

He was fostered with a 7 year old child and is great with calm, polite older children -- young children would be too active for him. He has been professionally temperamant tested and passed with flying colours but as he is both active and strong, and an older dog who could get stressed by too much activity, he would be better with older kids or in an adult home. He'd be best as an only dog or with a female dog where the owner is an experienced owner able to manage two together.

He has two conditions common in the breed at his age -- a very slight heart murmur, which is barely audible and a very low grade and doesn't affect him at all, and he is believed to be slightly hard of hearing -- though he can hear.

He is so active at his age -- loves walks and to play -- that I think this fellow will have a long and full life and needs a new home where he can settle in and blossom as his original home seemed to view him as just part of the background. He also needs a fun obedience class so he can bond well with his new owners and also put his active mind and body to work. He sure has lots of love to give.

He is neutered, up to date on shots, and waiting for someone to find a special place for his big dog bed and his toys.

Sam:

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Sam, wishing you find a home quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god he looks so like Charlie, i would love to give him a home. Do u think he would get on with sally

Post Thanks / Like

He's beautiful!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* don't you just wish you could rescue them all??!
    Good luck to Sam in finding a forever home

(If Tandie hadn't been neutered I'm sure she'd think him quite the stud)
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sallymum, why don't you give me a call -- PM me if you don't still have my number.

I think he'd settle in fine with a young female. But he would need you to take him to obedience and put some time in with him as he has never really had anyone take the time to train him -- though he loves walks and is fine on the lead. He is housetrained too but will likely have some accidents as he destresses and settles into a new home. He definitely enjoys other dogs.

I can arrange for you to come meet him near Dublin if you'd like. He's about 15 miles nporth of Dublin at the moment.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

trying to ring u cant get through

Post Thanks / Like

If Maxx wasn't such a softy and so easily bullied I'd have taken him weeks ago. Hope the little man soon finds his forever home, he's gorgeous.

Sallymum, males that 'bully' other males and try to dominate them are usually fine with females they seem to know that all men need a woman to lick them into shape

As he's a bigger boy there'll also be that bit more to love - just like my Maxx, so big and yet so soft and cuddly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sam and Sallymum will be meeting tomorrow.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope all goes well with Sam and Sallymum! Fingers, toes, and paws are all crossed for you!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)