• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Got gas???

moniechris

Ok, Cody just started with this problem and it is DISGUSTING!! He is passing the most foul, stinky gas in the world. When he goes #2 in the back yard I can smell it across the yard. Help!!! I think he may be eating the "kitty nuggets" in the back yard, but I am not sure. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: He doesn't seem uncomfortable and is just as playful as ever. Does anyone else's dog have this problem?? He is 4 months old and is eating "Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul" (1/2 cup twice a day). I want to switch his food eventually to "Wellness" (we just bought a 50lb bag of his other food, so we have to wait). We are sufficating over here!!

I absolutely cannot give mine dried liver treats. I used them for Jake's puppy kindergarten class and he stunk up the room big time!! We finally figured out that was what it was. Gross Pee UUU!!!

Obviously something your pup is ingesting is giving him gas. We had the same problem with Kingston. Let me tell you, that dog could clear a room!!! I figured out it was the cheese I had been giving him. I stopped the cheese altogether and now there's no more stinky smells.

zack got it when i fed him Innova Evo. :yuk: the pet store guy recommended giving him digestive enzymes and that got rid of it, as long as he takes the enzymes. otherwise it comes back.

The worst gas I ever smelled came from my little ones after eating a doggy icecream treat! :grnyuk: I couldn't be in the same room as them!

Izzy has aweful problems and seems to save them until he's sitting at my feet, under the computer table. I think it's something to do with his heart neds, because he hadn't used to do it.

It could well be cat poo. This also gives them hideous breath (as you might imagine)!

You can see if changing the food helps. Otherwise I'd really watch him like a hawk when he is outside. It isn't the healthiest habit to eat cat poo, especially from outdoor cats who can be infected with worms or pass through parasites etc from things they eat (like mice, rats and birds). Fortunately a lot of dogs seem interested in cat feces mostly as pups and the phase passes. Jaspar isn;t interested in it anymore but he used to raid the litter box. Leo ignores the litter box but will snarf up anything he finds in the gutters outside on walks. :sl*p: Lily has had to be barricaded out of the cat litter box and has to be watched outside -- she is a canine vacuum. :v*cuum:

No problems like that with Izzy. he's never picked anything up and, in fact, you have to convince him that something new he tries actually is food.

Back