• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It's finally happened...

Lisa_T

Chloe and Holly sorta-kinda cuddled tonight. I was mildly miffed; I'd gone out of the room, came back in and found Holly had commandeered the armchair. My armchair. The one that's handy for the telly and thus reading the subtitles. Chloe of course was trying to jump up and couldn't manage it (not sure why- she has no trouble with the sofa. I know she's not supposed to, and I catch her when I can, but she's such a copy cat) so I gave her a helping hand. She promptly made herself comfy and Holly let her. The two sat quite happily while I videoed them and looked most annoyed when I extracted them to put Chloe to bed. I'll post some stills as soon as I've put the vid through the pc.

I knew Holly's nose wouldn't be out of joint for too long! :lol: They will have been secretly cuddling all along - you just didn't catch them at it! :D

merlinsmum said:
I knew Holly's nose wouldn't be out of joint for too long! :lol: They will have been secretly cuddling all along - you just didn't catch them at it! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds about right

That's great news :flwr: The pair of them will be ganging up and running circles around you in no time :lol:
Maybe you could get Holly to have a word in Tandie's ear about accepting Flea as part of the household ;)
We managed to have them both on the couch or about half an hour last night. Flea didn't care less but I had to have Tandie in hand ALL the time. She didn't take her eyes off him once and made many lunges towards him, but the training is starting to work a little I think. icon_whistling

They already run circles around me! :lol: :lol:

I think the great breakthrough came on Sat when as an experiment I put the two of them in the one crate. Since then Holly has been much more accepting of Chloe's physical proximity (h'mm, starting to have doubts about the name 'Chloe'- she's not responding to it particularly well- possibly my fault as the pitch is too similar to 'Holly') and in fact they are both lying beside me on the armchair, with the pup literally on top of Holly.

Here's a pic of the very first time they stayed put like that at my mum's (bearing in mind it wasn't spontaneous- they both wanted to be beside me as opposed to beside each other, but they did stay put when I moved). Holly's eyes look a bit funny because of the vagaries of the red eye removal tool!

290835413_04a2c9b3be.jpg

Here's a fiddle of the same pic:

290835417_b6bebf6f5e.jpg

And my mum, who once told me off for treating Holly as a baby doing the very thing to the puppy!

290835418_29a1202559.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Lisa what a GORGEOUS photo!!! :lotsaluv:
Chloe looks like she's grown so much already :shock:
They're both such babes :lotsaluv:

Oh she has. She's still very slight, but as you can see her head doesn't look much smaller than Holly's and she's only a few inches shorter than Holly. I have to admit I hope she doesn't end up significantly bigger than Holly- but I think she'll maybe end up around Tandie's size? Her mum does have a much bigger head than Holly does, but her dad was a B/T and the breeder says that B/Ts often have finer heads than the other colours, so... we'll see.

I love these photos too. There's another with Holly looking resigned with Chloe sprawled on top of her :badgrin: :badgrin: but I haven't uploaded it to flickr yet.

Lisa,

Those photo's are completely precious. I think I'd be framing the 2nd one, it is gorgeous and both your girls are sooooooooo pretty.

Holly is everything I'd want in a Black and tan. I'll get one one day :D

ahhhhh Lisa what gorgeous pictures :flwr:

two very beautiful girls you have there :lotsaluv:

I've already commented on another thread but I'll do so again!

You have two yummy girls there! Its a good job there's the Irish sea between us otherwise I think we'd be having pups! Merlin and Holly, Oakley and Chloe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back