Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: obediance classess

Post Thanks / Like

Default obediance classess

Just wondering if everyone here has had to take their cavs to lessons of some kind or managed to train their pooches themselves???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucky is a puppy but he just started puppy Kindergarten 2 weeks ago. I think the structure is good and also provides a good opportunity for socialization as well.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I took Phoebe to classes and it was great stimulation for her. She was so good that I took her to agility.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

I did puppy kindergarten with Jake and then did a beginner obedience with him. We just finished our 2nd of a 3 part training program to go for our Canine Good Citizen. Jake is 4 and Shelby is 3....so they're not exactly puppies anymore We sure have enjoyed it. It's reinforced my reminder to train train train every day in little segments. It's also been great since I've been able to bring both dogs and work with them together.

We'll continue with training. It's so good for their mental stimulation and reminds me to never stop training.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to do a little basic training myself with all 3 but I found when I took Tandie to the training day that I achieved MUCH more, just listening to Lisa & Tara's advice and knowing exactly what I was supposed to be doing. (You should see her twirl now!!! When she's better I must video it and put it up). I also think Tandie really benefitted from being around the other dogs. Once she's on the mend I'll be booking her in and the new pup will DEFINITELY be booked in once he has his vaccinations etc.
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

Monty went to some classes, but we gave up as the sand in the barn used made a mess of his coat. however, I knew what to do having trained two springers.

Izzy and Joly did obedience to competition standard and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately , Izzy was too shy to compete and , although Joly ws about ready to compete, the class moved away, so we couldn't attend (too late back home, as David has to be up by 4.30 am)

Teddy is home taught, because I couldn't work three dogs.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Dublin or surrounding areas would there be any classes?? And what age does the puppy have to be to attend??

Post Thanks / Like

I took Kosmo to classes when he was 4 months old. He's now 9 1/2 months and we're still attending.

Classes have been absolutely wonderful for us and I would recommend them to anybody. In addition to socialization, he has learned to walk nicely on a leash, heel, "leave it" for food dropped on the ground, not to jump (which we're still working on,) sitting politely to be petted from strangers, and a whole bunch of tricks such as sit down, lay down, stay, roll over, play dead, wave, shake my hand, give me a high 5, take a bow.. it's a lot of fun !!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are lucky, we have our own officially appointed trainers to the Cavaliertalk board in Dublin!

www.dogtrainingireland.ie

Tara and Lisa are board members here and set up our recent training day. They always have a big welcome for cavaliers.

New classes are just getting underway too!

A reminder to any Dublin region board members that tomorrow, Sunday 5th, 11:30 am is our monthly cavalier walk in the Phoenix Park -- details at the top of the General news section.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

You all are spoiled!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah