Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible renaming?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, all the fosters we've had have been renamed once we got them and like Karlin says, it usually only takes 10 minutes for them to come when there's treats involved

I was going to rename Charlie 'Albert' when we got him but he was so used to Charlie and came to me when I called him so we kept his name.

Albert is the name Maxx's breeder gave him when he was first born but my kids wanted to call him Maxx so when he was a week old she changed it to Maxx

Post Thanks / Like

Chloe is now Amber. Now I have to work on them getting to respond just to their own name, and not to each other's! Any tips? My own idea is that if I call for Holly and Amber comes, then I ignore Amber but reward Holly- and vice versa. Hopefully once they get the message that if they come to the wrong name they get nothing it'll be easier.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's a lovely name Lisa - and suits her too - Good luck with the training
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

It's also the first name that my parents have been genuinely enthusiastic about It does seem to have made a difference. Amber was already becoming more responsive just from me spending an hour playing and training her in the morning, and she comes pretty quickly which isn't bad. It's less confusing for Holly too- while Amber still sometimes comes to 'Holly', Holly is unlikely to come to 'Amber' unless there's sweeties in the equation in which case all bets are off

It was the 'copper' photo I posted in the puppy section that inspired the name, but I believe someone did suggest it earlier. Not sure why I didn't go for it then..
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

I love the name Amber and it suits her perfectly!

My past experience with multiple dogs in the house? The 1st one answers to their name...the others respond to ALL names.
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm relieved you said that!
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

lovely names same as my daughters name we were going to call her holly amber as she was born on christmas day but then changed it to amber holly
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Lisa the name suits her perfectly Im so pleased to hear shes learning it already too.

Her and Holly look absolutely precious in your new avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Molly&Charlie'smum- you do realise my other Cav is called Holly? What a coincidence!
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years