• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

kennel cough

ellie and charlie

my poor ellie if its not enough recovering from pattela op,looks possible she has kennel cough,at vets at dinner but will no for sure.my other dogs have been the same thought they bad ate toys "again" but soon stopped.but she is gipping and coughing like they were but she seems down in dumps.bless her.any suggestions on some thing to ease cough if it is kennel cough?? :yuk:

Some people recommend huaman cough syrups, but i wouldn't give it without my vet's agreement.

Does your vet know you are going in with potential kc, because some prefer a special appointment as it's so contagious?

Geordie had kennel cough as a pup, and the vet gave us tablets for him. I think we used a vaporizer every night when he was in his crate.

Poor Ellie :( I agree with Barbara, make sure the Vets know it's kennel cough before you go. Mine always disinfect floors after a kennel cough patient has been in.

When my GSD had kennel cough nothing was working for her so the Vet said to get Benylin chesty original and he worked out how much to give her. I'd never do this off my own back though, it was a last resort!

Hope your baby is soon better :flwr:

yes i phoned this morning they gave me last morning surgery appointment so they can disinfect.yes its kennel cough in all three,he gave us tablets{codine} to ease cough. ellie cause of her op she had he was concered for so he as given a jab plus antibiotics due to he dose not want another infection in body and her leg to reject inplant pins. so just cancelled hydro pool and agility club. so back to sick maid . :sl*p:

aww I am sorry to hear that. :( I am glad you're getting everything looked after. ;( I've never had any personal experience with kennel cough, but I know of a lot of people whos dogs have rebounded quite quickly.

Good luck and I hope you two are feeling better soon! :flwr:

Sorry to hear this. Jake had kennel cough as a pup and antibiotics definitely cleared it up. Both of mine were "coughy" after their surgeries and after a couple of days it cleared up. Our surgeon said it was the after results of the anesthesia.

A neighbour of mines 2 dogs had kennel cough last year. the poor things sounded as if they had smoked 100 cigs a day for the past 20 years. It used to break my heart listening to them, so i can imagine how u r feeling.I think she was giving tablets and told to give them human cough medicine.
good luck at the vets

advice please

think all three dogs are over kennel cough,how long before i can mix them with dogs again??dose any one know.got a dog show in december but ? because ellie goes back in vets for op done dont want to pick it up again,if its possible.

ellie and charlie said:
yes i phoned this morning they gave me last morning surgery appointment so they can disinfect.yes its kennel cough in all three,he gave us tablets{codine} to ease cough. ellie cause of her op she had he was concered for so he as given a jab plus antibiotics due to he dose not want another infection in body and her leg to reject inplant pins. so just cancelled hydro pool and agility club. so back to sick maid . :sl*p:

Watch for the codeine - it works like Immodium, so you may find that she may get constipated......hope she's on the mend soon :flwr:

Is she feeling better now? I would get the Vet to check them over before you go entering them into or taking them to any dog shows. Ask the Vets advice, they will know if it has completely cleared or not (y)

Back