• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

wee wee in bed!!!

G

Gillian

I havent been around for a while as I had to travel to the states to visit my sick dad. He is a bit better but had to go into a home. Not very willingly I must say.
Well I have another question. My daughter in law has a 6 month old tri coloured Cav named Molly and she is getting along quite well and does her business outside while going on walks. The problem is every morning she wets her bed.The rest of the day she is fine.
Any suggestions please. She is getting quite desperate.

It could be a bad habit-- or she could have a UTI and it becomes painful to hold her urine for too long-- just two possibilities.

Oh this is a tricky one and probably pointless me posting as I can't give you any answers but........ what is the routine around the time when she wees on the bed ?
For example, could she be getting excited about being fed or taken for a walk or could she be getting anxious about her mum leaving for work for the day ?? or as someone suggested could she be busting and hold on no longer ?
I would try and review the routine and look for a possible trigger ?

Best wishes with it, these things can be frustrating !

UTIs can make them wee when lying down on something soft.

I have one cavalier girl, India, who has had UTIs. She wee'd on our sofa 2 or 3 times, while lying down. Luckily we have washable slip covers! And we have washable throws for the pups to lay on.

I would have Molly checked for a UTI.

BTW, I've had a long talk with the vet about UTIs recently, and she said to keep India's hair clipped between anus and vulva in order to keep her extra clean (we took her to a groomer.) Also, the vet recommended that we use a baby wipe in that area 2-3 times per week to keep her clean, and try to prevent UTIs.

This is my daughter in laws dog so I can just tell you what she told me.
Apparently She would have already done wee in crate on cushion when , my daughter in law wakes up and thats quite early like 7am.
The rest of the day she does outside on walks . She is taken out last thing at night and they have even tried restricting water after 7pm..
What should she do. Should she get angry with her or ignore?? Any suggestions will be welcomed.
Thanks,
Gilian

Don't get angry with her, she is probably not doing it on purpose.... has she tried getting up say an hour earlier or putting her out a bit later at night - for a 6 month pup their bladder will only last 6 hours......

Also she will need to make sure that she is thoroughly washing were she has pee'd just incase she is weeing there cos she can small it....when all mine were pups their last wee would be about 11pm and then we had a wee mat down if they needed to go at night and then we are up at 6am.

Back