• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

charlie growling

molly+charlies mum

i was a little shocked today when i went round to pick my daughter up from school i had both the dogs with me and i went and waited by the fence while i was standing there a little girl aged about 2 came walking up behind me and charlie had spotted her and started growling then jumped forward towards her as if to say dont come any closer i then pulled him back and the mum grabed the little girls hand and took her away hes not done that before i dont know if it was because molly was there he does that to other dogs if they go near her im not sure he dosent like any children going near him if he dosent know them i dont know why as he adores my 8 year old i carnt work out how this problem started i must also say that if we are haveing a cuddle and any cat or molly comes near us he will also start growling at them its like go away shes mine ,is there any cavs on here that have possesive problems?

I haven't had this happen at all with Bentley, but just wanted to say that it seems some dogs are more territorial than others (my Poodle can be that way) and also, some dogs don't seem to be overly fond of small children coming up to them. Is it possible he is being overly-protective of you? I once had a dog that was like that, if she was sitting near me she'd growl at anyone who came too close to me. But, so far my Bentley has been Mister Happy-I-Want-To-Lick-Everyone, so I'm sorry I'm not much help in this area. But, with the dog I had many years ago that was a bit growl-y toward people, I just made sure that I kept her a safe distance from people just in case.

hi

i think he is very protective of me i do pull him back when children pass and i wont let them try to stroke him, molly is the i love everybody type dog the school kids will always come over to her as she will just lick them to death and they love that i will just keep charlie away from any small kids now.....

It may be the toddler gait which upsets Charlie. Izzy was fine with children, at a distance, until a lady took her grandaughter to yoga (I used to take Izzy). The girl was four, but was climing over people during relaxation and izzy growled at her.

He has since growled at two grandchildren, but only while they toddled; no problem with a sitting baby or older child. It must be something about the unstaedy walk appearing to threaten him.

My little female Izzy is very possesive, and especially when it comes to children. She will even bark at them when we are driving down the street! :? But she loves babies and adults...such a strange little dog.

Back