Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT 2 boys north east

Post Thanks / Like

Default URGENT 2 boys north east

I've just got a call to say 2 cav boys are in the kennels & are due to be put to sleep on tuesday.
    one old & one bites , I dont know anything else

I'm going to try & get them out today, but I can't keep them long I already have 5 .

Can anyone help ?

more details when I get back

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Call tour local breed rescue contact when you get in. They are listed in the breed rescue section at the top.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Also try the main U.K Cavalier Club rescue which has regional departments and area contacts....

Mrs J.Pagen, 01245-320488. This number is available on their web page, hopefully she will be able to direct you to the right area....

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Best of luck.....
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

They wouldnt let us take the oldie until Tuesday Poor thing looked so sad. I felt awful leaving him there.

The younger one is a big boy , seemed really nice until I tried to move him away from the food but he let me bath him no bother. He was actually due to be put to sleep today & they shut at 12 so I had to rush to get him

Post Thanks / Like

Good that you got him---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AT
    They wouldnt let us take the oldie until Tuesday Poor thing looked so sad. I felt awful leaving him there.

The younger one is a big boy , seemed really nice until I tried to move him away from the food but he let me bath him no bother. He was actually due to be put to sleep today & they shut at 12 so I had to rush to get him
    you have pm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a relief you got there before they closed..... I'm sure the food guarding can be sorted out, not such a big problem really. Wonder why they wouldn't allow you to take the older one today?

Keep us updated
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was a stray so he has to wait 7 days before someone takes him or he's put down .....

I didnt dare look at him too closely or i'd have started crying.

I'm too blummin soft. one look from some brown eyes.........

Post Thanks / Like

Hi AT,

I work as a volunteer (and foster mum) for a spaniel rescue based in Northumberland. If you look at my details on here, you'll see I have a Many Tears rescue Cav, a Cav boy aged 6, and a permanent foster girl of unknown age.

I've just spoken to the lady who runs it, and she can help. She's run this rescue for 20+ years and never, never has let a dog down. If she encounters a dog that isn't fit, physically or mentally, for re-homing, she takes the dog on herself - she has about 20 dogs like this .

I'm down in Middlesbro' later this afternoon, so if you pm me your no. I'll give you a ring. We probably need to speak to see how we can help.

I'm available to collect the other dog on Tuesday, or to help on behalf of NESSR (the rescue) at any time.

Cheers
    Fran (misty)