• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need advice....

GusWilson

So I am heading to Chicago next week for Thanksgiving and I am taking Gus with me. Although I am a little worried about flying with him, I know once we get there he will be great. What I am worried about is my sister's dog. She has a 6 year old Maltese who is very unsocial to say the least... he very rarely gets out of her yard and when he does he barks at everything. Gus on the other hand is very friendly and wants to play with every dog. Last time I was there was this summer and Gus wanted to play with him so bad he even submitted every time, Gus would lay on his back, lay on his stomach with his chin on the ground, lay on his side... Gus tried everything, but the Maltese would just growl and show his teeth. The Maltese was attacked a few years ago so I think he is just fearful of everything, and that is what scares me. Sorry to ramble... do you guys think there is hope for them to be friends? or should I just keep Gus away from him? Gus is so awesome and sweet with people and dogs I would hate for that to change if he has a bad experience with Lucky the Maltese, plus my sister might be mad if I killed her dog if he hurt Gus... just kidding about the last part but I worry about my baby!

i guess you have to play it by ear, but it sounds like Lucky is making his feelings clear, and i don't believe his feelings will change, at least not during a short visit. from what you say, i'd be concerned about the possibility of fear aggression from Lucky. i doubt it it would result in a change in Gus's basic nature, but it sounds like someone could get hurt physically.

Back