• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily got groomed...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Boy she looks like a puppy now! I debated whether to get her in for a grooming but her coat was just all over the place and fluffed out in some bits and cut away in others -- she looked so scruffy.

Now she is thinned a bit and evened out but they *trimmed her feet* all the way back to 'cat's feet' which I asked them not to do -- oh well, it will grow back as her coat grows very fast and heavily. I just hate that bare look and love their slippers -- oh well, it will grow in fast enough. The groomer thinks she is still blowing her puppy coat hence the frazzly coat on her back and the better coat elsewhere so she is probably younger than I thought; groomer thought maybe just around one going by her coat. You can also really see how much weight she has lost. They took out a lot of the weight of her hair from on and under her ears as well. She just has SO much coat -- her ears almost begin to conceal her face as her face is so petite. I'll get a pic up latter perhaps when I get the chance.

I am sure glad I had those group pics in my avatar done before they cut off her foot hair though!

Aww! I'll be looking for the pictures! Lily's coat sounds like Bentleys...he has TONS and I've been debating about having him thinned out and trimmed.

I, too, love the slippers and Bentley has big fluffy ones! I'd hate to see them disappear.

I just love the slippers but can't tolerate them on my two. Jay's Gem and Monty have the most gorgeous feet and I'm always so envious when I see them. I let them grow on mine for a while but decided the "rabbit feet" worked better. So, oh well!

I'll bet she looks great! My groomer coat kinged my guys last time and they looked so nice.

I took Bailey to for the first time last week but he just had a bath, his ears cleaned and his nails cut... She did ask me if he wanted a trim but I was to scared to let him have that done........... Do you all trim the hair between there pads on the paw ??

I also thought about having Whitney trimmed buy didn't seem to find the courage to do so.... :yikes maybe in the summer 8) ....

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

The groomer did the same to Daisy Boo's feet back in July. I absolutelyt hated it. She's back to her hairy footed best now! Can't wait to see pics of Lily.

:yikes :yikes :yikes My Whitney is absolutely adorable just the way she is thank you very much :lotsaluv:

I will come and save you Whitney :drivecar: then we'll go get Maxx and Charlie :D and, if no one's looking :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw: :*nana: we'll pick up Roops, Kayla Jack and Tedbear....

:hug: :flwr:

LOL Karlin you better not tempt her! I think she may stop for your three as well.. :lol:

Claire - where were you last night ? You could have taken Kosmo!! He hopped up on the couch and took a bite of my chocolate cake and ran off!! :yikes :yikes :yikes I have no idea how he did it in that kind of lightening speed - I didn't even feel him hop up! Never tried that one before.. lol

Karlin ~ I wanna see pictures of Lily too! SHe looks so much different now than she did in the beginning. It's astonishing to see her transformation. :) What a surprise to find out she could be so young too, huh!?

:lol: I'd be like the Pied Piper of Cavaliers :D
Lily has such a tiny little face :d*g: I can't wait to see her "New Look" :l*v:

:flwr:

OK I finally got some pics (on my cool new Motorola KRZR phone -- the one that replaces the RAZR -- the launch party is tomorrow and they gave me one to play with -- has a 2 megapixel camera. End of geek talk).

End of May, in the pound. Badly matted and filthy:
160054835_f2bb03d3e7.jpg

Lily in early June at about 18 lbs:
212789395_798ce0f321_m.jpg

So obese she could only lie in this position and snored constantly! After Brid had cleaned her up, too!
158849598_902497b301.jpg

160194886_1bc59f2a93_m.jpg

At 13lbs, pre-grooming:
288663883_6c7ebc5a54.jpg

Post grooming. Light isn't great! This eve, with Leo:

298368907_2d872de984.jpg

298368923_914050e17a.jpg

Side view -- you can see how small she is now with the weight and the coat off!
298368878_8fa4210796.jpg

She needed to be neatened up but I don't like short coats and I will be glad when her coat length comes back in. Everyone used to think she was an elderly dog -- now she really looks her age, which is probably about 18 months old.

Oh Karlin she is the most beautiful thing. She actually looks very similar to Holly with that slight build and petite face- not to mention the totally wild coat!How did such a lovely girl end up in rescue?!

:yikes She looks like a completely different dog!!!!

Karlin, you've done wonders for Lily. How wonderful for her (and you)!

She has a sweet little face :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

She has really changed -- her face is quite different now. And she LOVES to run and run and run... :lol:

She was picked up as a stray in Tallaght in Dublin, wandering with a heavily pregnant pom-type dog. She got to her last day (eg final day alive) and she was to come to rescue to some of the people who get them from the pound on their last day -- and was then to come to me -- then some woman saw her and put her name to take her. I was told she started growling at this woman -- now Lily likes everyone so that was very strange. I was afraid the woman might want to breed from her. So I rang up and 'reclaimed' her for 'my grandmother' -- long story but I had to produce a picture of her (a pic from this board of another dog entirely!), documentation on my grandmother (a friend's mother) and had to invent this long story on how she ended up in Tallaght. I was so glad when they finally finished the paperwork, I paid a fine and her kennelling fees, and got her out of there. Brid took her for initial foster as I had to go away for a week. So Brid cleaned her and cut out a lot of her matts. Her hind legs and chest were really bad.

This pound is so out of the way that it has a lower rate of rehoming and people in Dublin don't even realise Dublin dogs might be there if they are lost, as the pound is actually in Meath. :shock: Normally there would be several names down for any cavalier. I think people thought she was an elderly dog, too.

Back