• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

thoughts for a friend

BIZA

Please spare a thought for a friend of mine who loves cavs and bought 2 pups from different litters last december.One had to be PTSearly in the yeasr under 6 months old when she started fitting and it was discovered that she had a brain tumour that she was born with. Last week she had to have her precious Milly the remianing pup PTS as she had always been a poor eater and it had got worse after different treatments it was discovered that neither kidney was working and that nothing could be done so she took her home to nurse but after a couple of days had to have her put down. Naturally she is devastated and i think it might help if she realised that people care her family say well they were only dogs but ofcourse they were like part of the family.

How awful, your friend must be devastated.

Please let her know that me and the boys send big :hug: 's to her and her family at such a sad time. :flwr:

:( :( :( :(

I am sorry to hear that. How absolutely awful. :( I don't know where your friend got her pups, but perhaps you should contact the breeder and let them know of these conditions in the pups. It could be hereditary and I would hate to see another person have to go through that. How awful and heartbreaking.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

***HUGZ*** from Toronto and positive thoughts for a healing process are coming your friend's way!!! :flwr:

From time to time, people tell me,
"lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."
They don't understand the distance traveled,
the time spent, or the costs involved for
"just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with
"just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was
"just a dog,"
but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by
"just a dog,"
and in those days of darkness,
the gentle touch of "just a dog"
gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog,"
then you will probably understand phases
like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or
"just a promise."
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence
of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and
patience that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early,
take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams
of the future, the fond memories of the past,
and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and
diverts my thoughts away from myself and the
worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that
it's not "just a dog"
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps
me from being "just a man."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog."
just smile, because they "just don't understand."

I am so sorry---Aileen

How incredibly sad! It would be bad enough to have to deal with one of those experiences but both! Please tell her my heart goes out to her!

That is really sad, sad news, :( it's just awful.....
Please tell your friend how very sorry I am for her loss....
Look after her :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Biza, if your friend has internet access I think it would be great for her to log onto cavaliertalk as soon as she feels up to it. Many of us here have lost dogs. Some of us have lost more than one and can really really relate. I have lost two pups myself under different circumstances in the last year and really felt it. This group was huge support. A month or so after our second loss we got a ruby rescue and I can't tell you how happy she has made us. It doesn't erase the pain of losing the first two but she is our focus now and a huge comfort. We are also expecting a new puppy in December!

I think your friend would benefit from hearing that you can find great happiness with a new dog even after a devastating loss and that there are many wonderful empathetic listeners online :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

:hug: to her. doggies are a member of the family no matter what anyone says. everyone here understands and is feeling for you friend

cecily said:
Some of us have lost more than one and can really really relate. I have lost two pups myself under different circumstances in the last year and really felt it. This group was huge support.

Yes they are a fantastic lot...and without them like Cecily has already mentioned, I'm sure our days would have been alot darker.

I know mine most certainly would have been after the loss of Annie-Belle and Honey-Bee.

So Thank you all :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

This is so sad :(.

Please let your friend know we are all thinking of her. What bad luck.

Were the 2 litters from the same breeder, or different breeders? Would be useful to know - as other people have said, if it was a breeder of good repute, they would definitely want to know.

:hug: For your friend :hug: Please send her our thoughts and ask her to come and join us for a bit of support.

My heart goes out to her right now, nothing worse than when one of our precious babies goes over the Bridge. Let's hope her two are at least together :l*v:

My heart and thoughts go out to your friend in her time of need. Its so devastating that they died so young. But at least they blessed her life for a short time. Just remember the good memories, how they used to make her laugh. And I hope that brings a smile to her face. :flwr:

Back