• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Second SM video clip added to SM Infosite

oh my god... that is so hard to watch.... And people still say these dogs aren't in pain!!! "It's just a little scratching." :x :bang:

Clare Rusbridge showed it on Saturday to the SM conference; she wanted people to understand what owners of affected dogs experience -- and the dogs themselves.

Oh that is just heart breaking... Is there anything you can do during a scratching fit to calm them downn or do you just have to sit back and wait
?? That is terrible!

I wonder if I could get permission to have my professors show it?? They show videos in lecture and their video for SM is just really lame. Just a dog walking around the exam room occasionally scratching. It really downplays how severe it can be. I'm not sure even some of my neuro profs have seen SM like that before.

It broke my heart to watch it. Definitely a very disturbing video. The dog is obviously in a huge amount of discomfort. What will happen to this dog?

wow Karlin,

Thanks for posting that. The whole time I stayed in this position ---> icon_nwunsure with my wheels turning inside my brain.

That video should be sent to every person who thinks it is not a big deal to MRI scan their dogs before breeding them.

That was hard, yet very interesting for me to watch. It really opened my eyes to just how severe SM can be. It sounded like a little kid screaming. :( I feel so fortunate to have what seems like a healthy baby here.

If you know that person personally, please send them my positive thoughts and prayers.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing:
That has me crying. When it was playing all four of my dogs came running to me to see what was going on.

I cannot fathom how difficult it must be to watch your beloved dog suffer in that way.

I shouldn't have watched those clips. Everytime Spencer has the slightest itch now I am thinking "Oh God I hope he is ok!" :(

Poor little guy in that 2nd clip. Don't you just wish you could tell them that everything will be ok? :(

Oh my gosh... :cry*ing: that was heartbreaking to watch, but I'm glad I saw it. I think anyone who owns a Cavalier should be well aware of the health problems associated with the breed.

That is so sad! That poor dog! You just want to snatch him up and hug him and tell him everything will be ok! :(

Video of Severe SM

Karlin: Yes, thanks for posting. It is something anyone who wants to breed very young dogs and bitches and/or dogs and bitches without regard to genetics and health clearances should see. :x It breaks your heart. :(

Phyllis in WV/USA with Buddy (Blenheim CKCS) and Hadley (Clumber Spaniel)

That is so heartbreaking Karlin. I couldn't watch it all and had to turn off the sound. Let's pray our babies will never experience this pain and this one will find peace in some way. :(

Back