• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What do you feed your Cavalier and how often?

Fraggle

New here so apologies if this has been done before!

I was just wondering what people on here feed their cavaliers and how often.

I started with Bella on puppy pedigree (new owner ignorance) until my puppy trainer told me all sorts of horror stories. We promptly moved Bella onto James Wellbeloved. I now feed her once a day on James Wellbeloved mixed with some warm, fresh chicken.

I'm a lot happier with her on this diet and I feel it's better for her as I now know exactly what she's eating and there's no rubbish in there. My vet thinks JWB is a good food and it smells good quality (bad way to tell I know!)

I just wondered what others do?

Welcome to the board! :) I feed James Wellbeloved though have also fed and liked Royal Canin. Burns is supposed to be very good too. I do home cooked meals as a basic element and so etimes add dry. Or feed dry with other things added -- chicken, beef, veggies, fruit, yogurt, sardines... a wide variety of fresh things. Also feed raw chicken necks sometimes, and sometimes raw chicken wings cut in three.

Karlin said:
Welcome to the board! :) I feed James Wellbeloved though have also fed and liked Royal Canin. Burns is supposed to be very good too. I do home cooked meals as a basic element and so etimes add dry. Or feed dry with other things added -- chicken, beef, veggies, fruit, yogurt, sardines... a wide variety of fresh things. Also feed raw chicken necks sometimes, and sometimes raw chicken wings cut in three.

Hi Karlin - this is a wonderful forum you have here :D

I have tried Bella on chicken, tuna and low salt corned beef. Never thought about veggies but i'll have to try those sometimes. I never thought about cottage cheese which I have seen mentioned on here! Not sure I could cope with the chicken neck thing, i'm a bit of a wimp!

Hi there, and welcome to the board! I'm not sure if it is available in the UK, but I feed my dogs Eagle Pack Holistic Select chicken meal and rice formula, they both do great on it and have nice shiny coats. I also give them some of the canned Eagle Pack along with the dry food too. They both love it and eat it up real well, altho they still have their finnicky days.....LOL!

I feed Canidae Chicken & Rice - 1/2 cup twice a day. For treats I give apple slices, baby carrots, & pumpkin to firm the stool.

I usually feed sciencediet or Purina one for the dry stuff. Raw chicken frames once or twice a week, depending on how many I can get from the Butcher. A good quality raw pet mince mixed with a Large can of Tuna in oil, garlic, vegetables, apple, raw egg, and either rice,cous cous, or cheerios. My dogs just love this meat mix. Even the fussy ones like my mums dog Secret will gobble it up.

Toby is fed on Hill's R/D meat and mixer, 1 quater of a can each meal time with a cup of biscuits. He is fed twice a day on this.

Taffy is fed on the same but only once a day in the evenings, he has bowl of bran sofened with water for breakfast.

I have no idea what Archie is on, but i know he is only fed once a day.

I have mine on royal canin mini light. 1/2 a cup morning and night.

I give treats rarely as one of my dogs suffers from colitis,which he hasn't had since switching to the royal canin.

Treats I would give are raw carrots,minty dog biscuits 1/2 each or a little bit of sausage.

I feed both of mine EVO with a variety from day to day of either
Cooked Chicken or Cooked Hamburger I usually add what ever Veggies we are having I also alternate the cottage cheese or pure pumpkin.

I used to feed Dudley raw necks also but I don't anymore.
But he sure loved them. :D :D :D :D :D

I feed eagle pack holistic lamb and rice. 1/3 of a cup twice daily and 1/2 a dentastix as a treat. I often throw in fruit and vegis as treats throughout the day and occasionally some raw meat or sardines/tuna into their food.

We give Cupcake 3/4 cup of Natural Balance food twice a day. She loves all the flavors so I tend to feed one flavor in the morning and a different in the evening. For treats I give her a tablespoon of tuna, some cooked chicken breast or a Natural Balance bone. :)

Back