• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pea smell.....

lily

wondering what you use to clean the floor because the stuff i'm using isnt deodorising the pea smell.... i'm forever moping up if she accidently peas on the wooden floor but it still stinks. Want to give it a good old bleaching but i know i cant & am not daft to.... any ideas please??

I understand that you will never get the smell out unless you use a Cleaner specifically made for Pet Odors. :roll: :roll:

Whenever mine had accidents I used Enviro Fresh's Get The Odor Out
It works and they never go back to the same spot.
This is a canadian manufacturer here is the website if you want to have a look www.envirofresh.com

Stain and Odor Remover by Simple Solutions. Smells a bit like Jonsons Baby bath. It actually neutralises the amonia. If you look on their web site, www.simplesolutions.com the comments by the product are really funny. It says the bottle looks so nice, why not leave it out on the work top!!! It's nothing special in the looks department! :roll: Google it to find a good price but you will probably find it in a pet shop. Mine costs £6.25 for 945mls.

I'm not sure what is available to you where you live, but over here in the U.S. Nature's Miracle is a very good enzymatic type urine/feces deodorizer and cleaner. It's important to use something with enzymes to remove the smell so dogs/cats can't smell it. Humans can't smell it either. I use something called "Anti-Icky Poo", best enzymatic cleaner i have ever used.
I'm not sure about using these products on wooden floors though, i have only used them on carpet and area rugs. So that's my little bit of info., maybe it will be helpful. :)

I'm a Simple Solutions fan. I didn't use it when Holly was wee, and now I wish I had. It's great with Amber- although she's been much better accident wise from the word go anyway.

LauraD said:
I'm not sure what is available to you where you live, but over here in the U.S. Nature's Miracle is a very good enzymatic type urine/feces deodorizer and cleaner. It's important to use something with enzymes to remove the smell so dogs/cats can't smell it. Humans can't smell it either. I use something called "Anti-Icky Poo", best enzymatic cleaner i have ever used.
I'm not sure about using these products on wooden floors though, i have only used them on carpet and area rugs. So that's my little bit of info., maybe it will be helpful. :)

Laura....Do you use Nature's Miracle or the Icky Poo? I have been using Nature Miracle, but is the Icky Poo better?

If you're in the UK, you can get Zoflora and dilute it right down then wash the floor with it.

My auntie and my mother both used it for the dogs when I was a kid and I've always used it with great success with my lot too.

Once it's dry on the floor, it's safe for the dogs to go on - and above all it's dirt cheap :D

Shay,
I use Anti-Icky Poo. I had used Nature's Miracle based on the advice of many in the past. Years ago when i had cats (who sprayed) and before Riley when we had our Greyhound. Seemed that when i used the Nature's Miracle with them, they would soil in the same spot again. When i started using the Anti-Icy Poo after we had our Greyhound, she would not resoil the area. I don't know why, but for me the Anti-Icky Poo seemed to work better.
So before i got Riley, i bought a bottle of Anti-Icky Poo and he has never resoiled an area that i have used it on. I am just a fan of this stuff. I have had better success with it, but that is just my personal experience. Plenty of people have used Nature's Miracle with great results.

Thanks Laura.....I asked because I don't think the Natures Miracle is working very well. I will try Icky Poo :lol: Love the name!

Back