• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky's at the Vet

Lani

I just have to post because I have been thinking of him all day. Just when I thought maybe we had the poo problems behind us ...

He woke up this morning with bloody diarrhea again - but it was worse this time. He even had an accident on the vet's floor this morning. I had to drop him off because I have to work today. I know they are great at the vets and he's at the best place because they can watch him more closely there than I could while I'm working.

But I just feel sooo bad for him and I hope they'll call soon with good news. :xfngr:

I can't stop thinking about him and wish I were there so I could cuddle him and make him feel better. I can't wait to pick him up after work.

Wish us luck ...

Fingers crossed that they will get to the bottom of what is wrong and he's much better very soon. It hurts so much when our lil loves are ill.

good luck lani, i hope he is doing better after his stay at the vets. i relate to what you're going through. zack had bloody diarrhea from the first day i had him when he was a little under 4 months, until he was 5 months when he got cured, one of the worst times of my life, hard times.
get well soon lucky :flwr:

I'm so sorry Lucky is feeling under the weather. I know it must be so difficult for you to do anything today but think of him. Our thoughts are with you and Lucky. :flwr: :xfngr:

I totally understand--I've had the same problem wtih Mia. She's much better now that I put her on ID, pumpkin and a little kibble. How old is Lucky? Here's hoping they grow out of these types of problems...

Let us know how he's doing.

:updte:

First of all, thanks to everyone for your support this morning. :flwr: It was a rough morning not being there and having him sitting at the vet waiting to be seen ...

The vet finally called me. Lucky is okay. cl*p He's not had the bloody poo since this morning on their floor. :oops: She said his tummy did not appear sore, so she was pretty sure if he swallowed something he's passed it and should be getting better soon.

She is going to send him home with some medicine we can give him if he still has the runny or bloody poo in a few days. Overall, she said we really might just need to stay on his prescription diet for quite a while, but she thought he probably got into something since he has actually been doing GREAT on his new food.

I'm with Denise - I hope this is something he grows out of!! On the plus side, she said he's been really playful and has all his puppy energy so she did not seem particularly worried. That puts my mind at ease, because I really do trust not just this vet but all the vets at this practice.

Lucky is just short of 5 months and weighed in at 13.2 lbs at the vet today. I can't wait to pick him up tonight. :dogwlk:

that's encouraging news that lucky is feeling good and not pooping.
on the weekend, my daughter's cav belle got vomiting and diarrhea (not bloody) and the diarrhea continued so they took her in on monday and the vet gave them kaolin and flagyl, and maybe something else. belle's doing much better. whew. i hate when these precious sweet little guys are sick. i worried about belle for days.
i bet lucky is going to have a happy homecoming tonight. sounds like you have a good vet who will let you leave him off and stay in touch with you.

Excellent news. I know it was hard but at least you know he was being carefully watched while at the vet's office. I will tell you that I had ongoing tummy problems with Jake and it seems he eventually outgrew them. But it sure was tough in the meantime. I had him on a prescription food for about a year and then was able to transition him onto a different food.

Well, I picked up Lucky and he was soo happy to see me. He didn't poo all day at the vets and wouldn't you know, this evening as soon as we started walking him he had diarrhea again and then later tonight he went again and blood again this time :(

The doctor did give him some some fluid therapy this morning, so we're just trying to make sure he drinks enough. She did not seem overly concerned because he's got so much energy I guess but it is still so worrisome - the blood especially. Poor baby.

Anyway, we'll just keep watching him closely and hopefully he'll be all better soon and the vet is really good about calling in to check up on him.

aw, i'm sorry to hear the diarrhea came back. maybe after a day of being on whatever medication they gave him, he'll improve.

when i first got zack and he was about 16 weeks old, he had bloody diarrhea. Otherwise he seemed happy and playful and fine. The vet didn't seem concerned. they gave him medication, Flagyl. The bloody diarrhea kept coming back, they gave him Flagyl three times, i went to another vet, she gave him two other antibiotics plus Flagyl. By then he was also vomiting and sometimes acted like he felt bad, quiet, looking sad. The vets didnt' have any way of helping him. He had ID diet but it didn't help. This was going on for over a month. Finally another new vet i tried gave him the broad spectrum de-worming medicine, Dontral Plus, and after one dose the symptoms went away permanently. I guess the other vets didn't try this because he had three stool samples and they were all negative, and he'd been wormed before. But that's what apparently cured him, whatever the cause was. I dont' know what would've happened to him if i hadn't tried that 4th vet.

i can imagine how worried you must feel. I hope Lucky will respond to his treatment. At least he's still acting playful, that's so important. After Belle went to the vet this week, she still had diarrhea after she got home, but then after a night on the medicine, she got better and hasn't had diarrhea for a couple of days, thank goodness.

Oh poor little guy. I hope Lucky will be feeling better soon after a full day with meds. It's great that your vet is so good about checking on him. That is a big help. :xfngr: for little Lucky feeling better and for a good outcome for you both. :flwr:

Oh poor lucky (and you Lani).

fingers crossed that the medicine from the vets does its job and the little lad is better very soon :flwr:

aww poor baby..if the vet doesnt seem concerned it'll probably be ok but i know what you mean when you say its still very worrisome... i hope the poor guy gets better quickly! :flwr: :hug:

Back