• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Midwest LifeStages Crate

My Wesley

So I finally got this little crate for Wesley and I'm trying to figure out the whole divider panel thing. The crate has the side and front door. Where do I put the divider? If in the middle, it would keep the side door shut. Or, if it's where I have it, then it only blocks about 4" off the back. I will try to go take a picture, but can anyone help?!

I don't want to have to worry about Wesley doing the whole "eliminating" on one end and sleeping on the other.

Thanks!

This is 24x18x21

Crate001.jpg

Crate004.jpg

Crate003.jpg

i have that one pretty much, that's the one i don't really use. i might be switching to it soon because brady is getting a little big for his plastic one. it took me forever just to figure out how to set that thing up! then i had it set up for a while, and i had to have my boyfriend flatten it because i got angry after about 1 minute. the crate has two doors, so blocking one really wouldn't be a problem. as he grows you will be able to move it and then be able to use both doors if needed.

i'm glad to see that you pick a name for the cutie.

Wow you're very well-prepared. Looks like you're going to war :lol:

We're lucky--we kept Isabella's crates. Abby is almost ready to graduate to the bigger crate.

OMG!!! have you got enough!

When my pups came it was a big cardboard box for their sleeps and a few old jumpers, a gentle bristle brush, a soft collar, a dish and clicker and a few good cleaning cloths with a bucket ...LOL, everything else I found we already had around the house....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have lots of fun :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

That crate looks nice and sturdy. I think I have bought even more stuff than you! What's the big white tray looking thing? :flwr:

:lol: I think you are very well prepared!! I love the burberry plaid collar, it's perfect for a cavalier baby ;) Its so hard not to go nutz with toys and gifts, it feels like it makes you that much closer to your baby. How much longer do you have to wait now?

That is what we used and we put the divider about 1/2 way through it at first. This meant we couldn't use the larger side's door and had to use the one on the end but this was fine until ours were big enough for the whole crate. Arthur is just 6 months old and uses the whole crate easily without any problems. The divider is not a real long term piece but beneficial at the beginning.

...What's the big white tray looking thing? :flwr:

I believe that's a plastic tray for under the food and water bowls. It has a little lip that keeps everything contained incase the little pupper is a bit messy!

Wesley will be one happy puppy with all the goodies! I see you also got a Furminator already and you will LOVE it when he gets older.

Thanks for all the replies! I think I will definitely put the divider halfway to start. It's not like I'll NEED both doors to start with anyway.

I definitely am prepared. Now I just need to get some food, som regular dog brushes, puppy shampoo, and tooth brushing and nail clipping equipment. This is so much fun!

Oh, and I have to get him his own stocking for Christmas! YAY!

Heck, I love Christmas AND I love Pottery Barn! It's my most favorite overpriced store. :) Cute!

I actually do need to get new stockings for all of us w/ our names on them, so that's next in line.

Back