• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How much will she weigh?

Shay

Just wondering how much Lily will weigh when full grown from you Cav experts. She was born 8/21 and last week she weighed 6.8 lbs. Her Mon was about 12 or 13 lbs and her Dad was 15 lbs. To me she is rather thin. She is not chubby puppy. Kinda tall and long. She has very long legs and huge paws She is eating about 1 1/4 cups of kibble per day. Is that enough food? She is a very slow eater. She never eats her food when I put it out. She gets real excited, but goes and sniffs it and walks away. She will go back and it some maybe 30 mins. to an hour later, and it will take her until about noon. to finish 1/2 cup. In the evenings same scenario. I put her food down about 5:00 and at 8:30 she still has a little left in the bowl.

She doesn;t need that much most likely. How old is she? Up to age 4-6 months she should really be on three meals a day. I'd be splitting about a cup of food between those meals. If you want her to finsih in a timely manner then lift the food after 15 minutes and just put away. No treats and don;t make a big deal out of eating or not eating. Next scheduled meal, put food down again for 15 minutes. If she knows it will go away she will be a lot more liekly to eat when you want her to eat.

Puppies are all shapes as they grow and tend to even out as they reach one.

How big will a cavalier grow:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

Thanks Karlin.....That was interesting. I always thought it was based on the parent's weight. By reading this, it looks like she will be about 14 to 15 lbs. I am learning so much from this site.

Back