• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Charley's Mom and Charley

Charley's Mom

Hi Everyone!

I was searching the internet for some type of reference for a vet in NY (Long Island) and I stumbled upon this website and decided to join. It looks great - very thorough and informative.

We didn't know a lot about Cavaliers before we bought Charley, a male, at our local pet store. I actually don't even know a lot about puppy mills and all the things that I saw regarding breeders while browsing through this site. :sl*p:

Apparently we did the "wrong thing" by buying Charley at a pet store but I have a strong belief in God and his plans for our lives so I have to believe that he has a plan for this little pup and our family. We are going to hopefully educate ourselves through this website. I love that it is specifically for Cavalier owners.

I was getting scared reading so much about the health issues of Cavs. I'm NOT one to think that it WON'T happen. You see I thought that when I was being tested for MS a few years ago and found out that I DO have relapsing-remitting MS.

I'm not sure how to post a pic of my pup but I'll be sure to do so once I figure it out.

Charley is 7 months old and we love him. "We" is my husband, myself and 14 yr. old daughter. I can't say that our 10 year old cat loves Charley. Charley has really brought so much to our lives and as many have expressed - I can't believe how much I love this little dog.

I'm not sure how else to introduce ourselves. I do have a lot of questions and you already know the first - about the vet. We have/had a vet that we routinely used up until last month but I have been searching for one closer to home due to fatigue because of the MS. I was checking out the facilities at my local Petsmart and Petco and Petsmart's healthplan. After reading all that I have I don't think that is the route to go - I'm sure I need to go to a vet that is knowledgeable in the health issues of Cavs - is there such a thing?

Thanks for reading!

Charley's Mom

icon_welcome to Charley and Charley's Mom. Sorry I can't help you with your vet question, but I am sure others on the board will be able to help.

Welcome to the group - what a lovely little guy you have. Am sure someone will be able to advise a vet closer to you.

Your dogs are adorable too! I am so happy to have found this group. I have searched the internet a lot just to look for pics of Cavs because I love them so much and now I get to see so many. Thanks for welcoming us!

WELCOME! Charley and absolutely adorable and I'm so happy that he brings your family so much love.

Good luck with your vet search, I'm sure you will find one closer to home. The best thing you can do is to do your research and make yourself a Cavalier expert! The more you know about the breed the better you will be able to choose a vet that you really like and that will look out for Charley. This board is definitely a great place to start and we are all here to help you and answer your questions.

Best of luck and please post more pics when you are able!

Monica & Chester

Thank you so much. I'm beginning to see that I probably just need to become well informed about these little cuties and then know what to ask when I visit the vet. Your guys/gals are sooooooo cute. There should be another/better word for cute.... adorable...divine... I love seeing all these photos!
:D

Welcome Charley's mum and dear little Charley. I hope you enjoy the board.
Julie and the girls

Back