• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cute thing my cav does

Gracesbigsis

I want to know, are hugs things this breed does normally or is Grace unique? See, when people come over, as soon as they sit down, Grace will jump right on them and put her chin on your mouth so it's hard to breathe. And every time you move your head to breathe, she'll just move her chin so it's stilll smothering you. Looks a bit like this:
IMG_0706.jpg

She's been doing it since we got her so I don't think it's anything seious, I've just never met a dog that does it.

LOL, it's a Cavalier trait. Apparently some are huggers and some are kissers! They just want to be physically close. Your little girl is beautiful!

Spencer is a hugger big time. Usually when I am on the couch watching tv or one the computer icon_whistling , he comes up and snuggles up next to me as close as he can get in a seated position and just watches tv or the computer. 8)

That's definitely a Cavalier hug! Jake likes to do that to me in bed in the morning. Shelby just likes to curl up in the crook of my neck. Very cute picture!

I have a hugger and a kisser as well! How funny!!! :lol: Fletcher is my kisser and Riley is my hugger. She will just about suffocate me when she hugs. It's a full body hug!!!

That is so funny. I just thought that was Lily. Didn't know it was a Cav. thing. I guess she is huger and a kisser. She will get under your neck and wrap herself in a U shape where her head is a one of your ears and her butt at the other. She does this at night when is she is in bed with us. This one she does primarily with my husband. With me, she puts her little face over my mouth and nose, so I have to move to breath. I had no idea why she was doing this. It is the sweetest thing. These dogs are just so amazing. Everyday she does something new that I have never seen puppies do before. :l*v:

i have a hugger and a kisser! when i come home and sit down to say hi to him, he'll come on my lap and just put his face in mine and lick me all over the place and sniff my face. he then works his way to my ears and licks them and nibbles on them. it's very cute, but some people when they come over to visit don't like this much :( when i picked brady out of the pack he was already giving me kisses! Oh, and he really only kisses on the face too (ears included!)

Wesley will literally wrap his paws around my neck and get as close as humanly possible. He completely straddles you!! Then he props his entire head across your face. It's like he wants to be held like a baby. He has done this since he was 6 months old, but now he is 22 pounds and it is not and easy feat, but it is so cute that I can't help but hug him back. It is just the best after a long day :D

yep definitely a cavvy trait! mine are both a hugger and kisser...Milo really gets into the kissing though! it really like ..i cant think of the word..but strong?? :?

but theyre both huggers too.....Monty doesnt really hug he just nuzzles into you...Milo puts his paws on your sholders and rests his head ont your neck! is soooo cute!..quite a nice trait!!

Yep. We have 3 that are huggers like that. We may have started it by giving them "Zurbits" on their neck when they were puppies. Our boy Cooper also likes to lay on the back of the couch with his head and neck on my shoulder.

That picture is great; it reminded me of my favorite thing to do with a litter of puppies. I lay on the floor, cover my face and eyes, and make little puppy whining sounds. Those puppies will litterally pounce on me and nibble and lick all over any exposed part of my face. Woks to a certain extent with the adults too, but a lot more fun with puppies!

Bradley's the most prolific hugger and kisser I've ever known .... all that love from a puppy farm dog.

He smothers my face and licks and licks and licks. Somehow Bradley seems to have more saliva than any other Cav I've owned too ;).

Cailean tends to sit upright, with his face next to mine, but not to smother. In bed, he'll happily lie on my chest.

Cracker used to sleep wrapped round ex-hubby's neck.

Cavaliers are very affectionate dogs and just can't contain themselves - when they're happy, they just have to tell you how much they love you!

Daisy Boo smooches Kelvin! I swear she's in love with him. She'll sit on his lap looking at him adoringly and every now and then turn and kiss him. :l*v:

Twinkle is a hugger and she does the smother thing too. You're lucky if you can get one nostril free to breathe :roll:

Grace´s behaviour sound cute, but i think it actually means "I am the boss here". Only alfa-dog or a dog on higher position can afford herself such kind of behaviour. Alfa status has to be reassured every time when family meets again or someone comes back in house or just comes back from another room. I´d rather be careful here, if not wanting to put this little dog into alfa-position. Snuggleing is so cute, but it is better do let it be done on your terms. ;)

Jana,

Maybe with other dogs it is but with Cavaliers they all just love to snuggle. They love to feel human breath on them and in fact, they think they are human.

Maxx still does this to us occasionally but it's far from Alpha behaviour. He still did it when we had a real alpha in the house too.

I went to sleep last night with Maxx lying in between me and my hubby with his top half on top of me and he was smothering me with kisses. Whitney in the meantime was lying on my pillow, snuggled into my head & occasionally reaching down to rub noses with Maxx- so which one of these is the alpha then? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This pair absolutely adore each other and snuggle up all the time, when they waken they get so excited to see each other and wag tails, rub noses and lick each others faces. They've never had a cross word between them either time Whitney has stayed here or we've visited each other.

Nope, just definitely Cavalier behaviour :flwr:

Back