• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Emergency vet trip this afternoon

We are doing well...the vet gave us some medicine to be given with food through this coming Friday morning. Also gave us Prescription Diet i/d for dogs with gastrointestinal problems. (See link)

http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/pro...older_id=2534374302037389&bmUID=1164040332511

We will begin to mix in his regular food tonight as we have been having regular, solid elimination for 36 hours at that point.

Should be back on regular food by Wed and just time for a special Thansgiving dinner on Thursday.

Hope Arthur and Lucky are both feeling better.Pippin suffers from colitis but he has been fine ( touch wood) these last few months.

I know what a worry it can be when they are not well.

This is scary to me because Daisy is being spayed on the 29th of November and we are boarding her for 3 nights starting Dec. 19! So it is eerily like your situation with Arthur. Hopefully we won't experience anything like this!

I hope he's feeling better, poor little fella. I hate to see sick babies and animals most of all because they don't understand what's going on and they can't tell you how they are feeling.

I'm glad to hear that he is doing better! It sounds as if the new diet will be of help to his tummy troubles.

The problems started right when we came home from boarding him. He had diarrhea for almost 2 days. We thought it was stress as it began to get better on day 3. Then day 4 was the real trouble. Now we know that if he is feeling bad on day 1 after coming home then we likely have a problem.

He is doing great now and now that we know he may be more likely than some to have this we will keep a close eye on him.

If I were you when you pick Daisy up just keep close watch her when she is out to potty so that you may catch any problems before you have a big mess to clean up and before she gets to feeling really bad.

I am sure she will be jsut fine.

Ashley, I hope Arthur is still doing all better. :)

Lucky is just now getting over his issues a week after they re-started. :xfngr: Fingers crossed for firm poo all around and no more vet visits!!! :flwr:

I can't say enough positive things about the prescription id food! I carry two cans of it with us when we travel (for a weekend) and always have a couple of cans on hand. Usually if either of mine gets an upset tummy all I have to do is feed them the id (only...nothing else at all...no treats, no pumpkin, no nothing) and within 24 hours they are better. I had Jake on a prescription diet for about a year because of his tummy problems. Now our problems are few and far between. If the problem persists for more than 24 hours then we are at the vet's office.

Back