• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

chewing

Dogs chew all their lives......!!! it relieves stress, cleans teeth and many other things...dogs just love to do it.

It's just that as pups they are chewing their baby/adult teeth through...be sure to give her safe things of her own that she knows she can chew freely on.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

I know that, I just meant when will she stop chewing everything she lays eyes on, including us? Approximatly, of course. I know that they do grow out of having to chew on everything.

that is one cute pup you have there- but just a warning to let you know that pictures in sigs aren't actually used on this board, I don't think. If you check, we all have atavar pics- Karlin's is the prototype. I'd check out the 'Getting Started' forum to check that, but I think that's right. Have you posted any recent pics of Gracie?

Gracesbigsis said:
I know that, I just meant when will she stop chewing everything she lays eyes on, including us? Approximatly, of course. I know that they do grow out of having to chew on everything.
At 9 1/2 months, I would not be expecting her to chew on people or their clothing. Would it be possible to sign up for a training class with a trainer who focuses on rewarding wanted behaviors, rather than punishing unwanted behaviors? A good trainer will help you break her habit of chewing on everything.

If she is still teething, it will be her molars coming in, and this can lead to very destructive chewing. For now I would suggest finding a few chew toys that are acceptable for chewing and redirect her to chew on these items whenever you notice her starting to chew on something else.

Also, confine her to a puppy-proofed room when you are away! :flwr:

Back