• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do all Cavaliers get this?

Jenny37

I have been looking at all of the cavalier pictures that I can get my hands on. But I can't figure this out.

Do all cavaliers get freckles or the shading that I see under some of their noses? Of course you can really only see them on the blenheims.

Are they beauty spots or age spots? :lol:

Cathy, that is so funny!!! I think Riley has the same Cindy Crawford beauty mark! I just adore it.

She does have a freckle or 2 as well!!! They are so tiny that sometimes I think it's a little dirt and try to clean them. :lol:

fl2.jpg

Here's Shelby's Cindy Crawford beauty mark. She was just a baby in this one (I love this picture of her...such a little lady!)

HPIM0456.jpg

We ended up getting Cracker, our 2nd cav, because he developed freckles.

His father had freckles and the breeder let Cracker go, because she didn't want 2 befreckled stud dogs!

Declan had freckles, and Bradley has loads and loads and loads! He's got a beautiful freckle on the top of his head, to one side.

Two of my tris have freckles but Jazz doesn't. In collies they are called naughty spots which i think is great so have told everyone that Pips spots are the same as he is very bad

Jack has developed all kinds of freckles - he has 4 on his snout, a bunch on his belly and even one on his front paw! When we first brought him home he had no freckles! They are too cute.

Awe Barbara! What a beautiful face! I'm partial to the ones with the shorter noses like that. Love it!

Barbara Nixon said:
Joly No Spots

Img_0152.jpg

but lovely shading under his nose...sweet picture. :flwr:

which is more common, some freckles or no freckles?

shading under the nose seems to be very common.

The 'perfect 'dog has a clear muzzle, but a few are no handicap, provided that they don't alter the dog's expression, a judge told me. Therefore, show dogs tend to have no or few spots, but they are very common among pet dogs.

Cody has one little teeny one on the top of his forhead. Wesley has a brown smudge under his nose. I am always trying to wipe "the dirt" off of his face!

udderfun017.jpg

afterbathpics005.jpg

Back