• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Afraid of go to the backyard at night!!!

Laura&Lia

Hi,
My pup Lia, 9 weeks old, is potty trained in the backyard, but at night she's afraid to go outside to pee. She is a little bit afraid when playing outside and pees inside at the door.
How can I manage that?
(she can't go at the street because of her vaccinations)

go outside with her. :flwr: She's so young!! At this stage you should really be going outside with her and praising her every single time she's gone potty immediately when she squats. Good Luck! :flwr:

Yes do go outside with her it works We had Barney when he was about
13 weeks old in march and I spent a long time all day and some nights with him standing with him and when he did either loads of treats now unles he is ill he let us know when he wants to go out I had forgot what hard work puppys can be----Aileen

LMAO Maxx is 7 and still scared to go out in the dark on his own to pee - I'm the idiot outside in my jamas, slippers and carrying a brolly at 3am :lol:

Just go out with her, she's only a baby :flwr:

We had to get a security light put up that was strong enough to light the whole garden. Before this Murphy would just stand and bark at nothing! :sl*p:

He started to toilet in the house about that time so we're having to start training all over again. He is a big chicken really :lol:

i have a garden light ......i always go outside with the dogs ( best excuse i can think of for a ciggie ) opss bad girl :roll:

My guys will sit and stare out the doggie door if I've forgotten to turn on the outside light. Neither of them will go out in the dark.

Then I see Is normal!!!1

But I have a good new!!!! Lia pees outside at night!!!!!! Not exactly in the dark ( you have to imagine, me on my pj's, sleepy, with a light in my hand)
LAURA

I was having the same problem. It was quite funny actually because I couldn't figure out why the boys wouldn't venture into the back yard in the evening. One night when Cody was having the runs, I was up at 4 am to take him out to prevent a major mess in the crate. At the same time my fiancee apparently went to the bathroom and turned the light on, it light up the whole backyard because a window faces that direction!!! Cody rushed right out and did his business. Now every time I take them out at night I just turn all the lights in the house on :lol:

It would probably just be easier to get outdoor lighting installed, but hey. We just moved in!! :D

BACKYARD AND THE BOOGYMAN

I HATE GOING OUT SIDE IN THE DARK LIGHT ON OR OFF.BUT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR A CIGGIE.

My Cody is about 3 years old and i still have to accompany her outside after dark, the big scaredy cat :lol: And as Justine says, it's a good opportunity to have a ciggie :lol:

I have the opposite problem my back yard is not lighted. Tucker is black, and I cannot see him, he takes off and I want to see where he's off too, and I cannot because he blends in with the darkness. He has no fear. When I'm in my nightie and slippers, I really don't want to go trudging in the yard. I have to get exterior lighting. And ladies I prefer to smoke my ciggie in the comfort of my deck or porch! :D

Back