Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many Tears

Post Thanks / Like

Default Many Tears

There is 2 more cavaliers at Many tears ---aILEEN
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

awwwwwwww

these ****** puppy farms, those dogs look so sad and scared. Breaks my heart. My Bradley still suffers so much mentally, but an ex p/f dog is very rewarding.

Post Thanks / Like

I am working on the O/H .The first dog we got was a puppy/farm bitch a golden cocker spaniel we called her Penny she was a good dog but still had a few problems ---Aileen
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matties mum
    I am working on the O/H .The first dog we got was a puppy/farm bitch a golden cocker spaniel we called her Penny she was a good dog but still had a few problems ---Aileen
    Keep working on him, Aileen.... you'd be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, not more Cavs in there I'd take them all if I could, shame hubby won't agree

Those two little ones are so sweet and you can just see the pain and confusion in their eyes. I know what I'd like to do to those @*&^%$£^&** puppy 'farmers' and it involves a dark room and violence

Hope they get as lucky as Bradley did and get wonderful forever homes soon.

How is Topsy getting on, Fran? It's lovely having 3 isn't it? Even if you've got a grumpy one like I have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    Oh no, not more Cavs in there I'd take them all if I could, shame hubby won't agree

Those two little ones are so sweet and you can just see the pain and confusion in their eyes. I know what I'd like to do to those @*&^%$£^&** puppy 'farmers' and it involves a dark room and violence

Hope they get as lucky as Bradley did and get wonderful forever homes soon.

How is Topsy getting on, Fran? It's lovely having 3 isn't it? Even if you've got a grumpy one like I have
    Topsy's a sweetheart . It's lovely having a lady in the house - I've never owned a bitch before, and it's so special having a tri colour again . And I know all about grumpy ones

Cailean decided to take Bradley up on the offer of a fight on Friday night (usually Cailean walks away), and Bradley's now set himself back about 2 months mentally We've heard nothing but grumps for the past 4 days!

Seriously, these puppy farm dogs have really suffered in ways we cannot begin to imagine and some of them will be scarred for life. If anyone adopts a p/f dog, they need to be in it for the long-haul. A volunteer at Many Tears told me all their cavs have rehabilitated within a MONTH .... no way!

I've had people talk to me in amazement that I didn't send Bradley back - WHAT RUBBISH!!!!!!

He's exceeded all our expectations but, to be fair, we didn't HAVE any expectations of him. It was a giving exercise .... we never expected any rewards and he has surprised us so much. To see him on the seesaw or the doing the jumps at agility with ears and tail flying is reward in itself

Post Thanks / Like

Penny my puppy farm dog proved to be a really good dog she was never house trained but if you watch her you could tell when she needed to be let out ,she never would let me out of her sight and I could take her any were she was trained to walk just at the side of me, any one was a friend childern could do anything to her and she was never nasty it always worried me if people let them go to other peoles dogs not every dog was like her ---Aileen

Post Thanks / Like

Rehabilitated within a month Fran???? Sorry, but what a laugh

I think Bradley is pretty normal for a puppy farm dog, bless him. I really don't think people know what they are taking on with a p/f dog & it's rarely easy.

You are wise to expect nothing of them and then as you are finding, every single step they take forward is wonderful

Oh dear, so Caileywoos decided he'd had enough of being bossed around by Bradders then? LOL Can't really blame him if Bradley is trying to fight him he'd probably had enough, bless him. We had this with Charlie & after Maxx retaliated (just the once) he started peeing everywhere again and wouldn't come to any of us It took me a good three weeks to get him back to being Charlie again if you get my meaning

Ah well, we still love them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    Rehabilitated within a month Fran???? Sorry, but what a laugh

I think Bradley is pretty normal for a puppy farm dog, bless him. I really don't think people know what they are taking on with a p/f dog & it's rarely easy.

You are wise to expect nothing of them and then as you are finding, every single step they take forward is wonderful

Oh dear, so Caileywoos decided he'd had enough of being bossed around by Bradders then? LOL Can't really blame him if Bradley is trying to fight him he'd probably had enough, bless him. We had this with Charlie & after Maxx retaliated (just the once) he started peeing everywhere again and wouldn't come to any of us It took me a good three weeks to get him back to being Charlie again if you get my meaning

Ah well, we still love them
    Poor Bradley's confidence has gone for the time being .... he thinks everyone's against him and growls a lot. Trying to boost his self-esteem again now - bless his heart.

Everytime we get a mop or brush out, he cowers. Says something about the way he was treated, I think .

Post Thanks / Like

Give him time that is the best thing he will get there---Aileen