• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppia harnesses for cavaliers

Joanne M

Do most of you use the small size? The size index I saw was
xsm, sm, med. At thirteen pounds, I am guessing sm is the correct size. Because I never paid attention in math, I won't be measuring tuckers chest size and all that other stuff. Similarly I can't say how many kilograms he weighs, cuz I didn't pay any attention when they tried to teach us the metric system either. (It's a wonder I can do anything!)

I don't know if this helps or not, but Wesley is 22 pounds and the large fits him perfectly. Cody is 16.6 pounds and the large is a bit big on him. For a thirteen pound dog, I would go with a medium and adjust it down, just in case the small doesn't fit over the head. This is a great website where I bought one half price for Cody. The shipping is super fast and I got it in two days!

http://www.ipetconnection.com/Orion_Harness_p/orh01.htm

Duncan wears the Medium and he is about 18 lbs. If he were too much bigger we would need the large

Arthur has a medium becasue I expected him to grow into it...which at 10.5 lbs he isn't very growing into it very fast. It stays on him but is big on the smallest setting

I don't know how old tucker his but if he still has growing to do I would get a medium.

I concur - I would get a medium. I use a medium on Darby, and she is 15 lbs & it fits her perfectly. I absolutely love it! I have had her in a medium since she was probably 9 or 10 lbs.

When I first got it, it was a little big on her, as you can see below.
But with Tucker at 13 lbs, it should be absolutely perfect!

Goofball-medium.jpg

By the way, to calculate kilograms from pounds, simply divide by 2.2.
So, if Tucker weighs 13 lbs, he is 5.9 kgs. Hope this helps! ;)

HI there!
i think it really depends on the dog. Coco is about 8.8 pounds now and is still wearing her Small puppia that she has had since she came home. She still has room to grow in it too. She is 5.5 months old.

I just ordered another one for her so I went through what you are going through. Make sure you order it from a place that allows exchanges just incase! :flwr:

[/list]

Dudley wears a medium and all his Puppia's are mediums they fit him perfectly. Although the Camo one is made a bit smaller, Darby has a small that he has now outgrown. He is now stealing one from Dudley's collection to wear.
Dudley is 17.8 lbs and they still fit him, although he needs to loose a few lbs.
Darby is 13.8 lbs and the medium is fine on the smallest setting.

:D :D :D :D

It depends more on the head size rather than the girth size- a medium fits my older girl easily, while Amber is still on the small. However, I would probably expect Amber to eventually need a large- then again, I could be totally wrong! for your own peace of mind, I'd measure. I hate maths too, but I hate getting ill fitting goods more- and then having to return them! Too much bother especially when it's online.

If you are planning on ordering a Puppia, this coming wkd would be a good time. Tia Bellas is having a 15% discount on everything in the store which includes Puppia's.
:D :D :D :D

King is 18.5 lbs and he wears a large..but its adjusted to the smallest setting on the large... So I beleive the Meduim would have just fit...and I don't wanna squish him in a Medium

when zack was 12 pounds i got him a small on ebay. it would not go on him, much too small. At 15-16 pounds, medium has been perfect. I got Belle a medium, she was a bit over 13 pounds and the medium is loose on her, but a small would be too small. my mistake was not measuring Zack before i bought the small. I don't think there's anything mathmatical about using a tape measure. You just hold the tape in one spot and wrap it around their neck or chest and see what the number is when it gets all the way around. the result won't be exact. if you pull tighter it will be a smaller number, if you wrap it more loosely, it will be a bigger number. but they'll be close. i never knew how tight to pull it but as long as it's all the way round, it should be close enough. i failed algebra several times (ok, 4 times) and never did pass it, and i never took geometry (my nonmathmatician credentials).

Without any doubt get a MEDIUM. It may seem a little bit loose but the chest band should probably tighten enough for safety.

Henry has had a small size since he was 12 weeks old. He is now 5 months and is 12 lbs and he needs to move into medium very soon.

There is quite a big difference between small and medium.

To get the small off him now I gently push his ears through first and then it slids easily off his head. So the part that goes over his head is the limiting part. When he actually has the small on it still fits him comfortably. I reckon that when he has put another pound on - that will make him 13 lbs - I won't be able to slip it off him easily, so I've ordered a medium for him 10 days ago - wish it would arrive!

Lucy started with Puppias when she was 14 lbs and she went straight into a medium - still fits her beautifully at 17.5 lbs.

Thanks for that link Kirsty I've just ordered the boys one each for christmas! At the moment they're the only ones getting anything this year!! :lol:

I ordered mine a while ago for Christmas - they have been put away for Christmas.... I got the camo ones - This is Merlin checking out the large size

304173272_e389fe6e35.jpg

Inca, I ordered my next one from www.tiabellas.com which is based in USA.
For the harness alone it cost me £14 approx ($27.94) .....that's for the harness + shipping to the UK. Pretty good!

Back