Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That first time on a lead ( do you remember it )

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can't walk very fast anyway and my boys seem to know this so their daily walk with Mamma is a leisurely one with plenty of sniff stops.

When my youngest takes them out for their second walk though they really do get walked if you get my meaning! I think he runs them the last 3/4 mile home and they always come in so excited as he plays with them as he's running

When we first put Maxx on the lead we walked him round the house and garden and he was fine, walking really nicely... I thought 'Oh what a clever dog' and assumed that he was going to be the same outside - WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sat down and refused to move, then tangled him, me and the kids up in the lead. He pulled backwards and forwards and was generally a complete scream

He is the only puppy I've ever had who has lulled me into this false sense of what he'd do - all the others were a nightmare as soon as the lead went on

Post Thanks / Like

how is the best way to introduce the lead?

My dog is 11 weeks and next weekend he'll be allowed out after his vaccinations.

Whenever I attach the lead in the house and he always jumps up, bites and plays with it! HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

better weekend with cara ...we are now going forwards not far but forwards ...... we did a walk yesterday with cara and Pippa that was much better she tried hard to keep up with grandma LOL

out today for 10 mins on her own ...bless her she looks so fed up with this walking lark LOL
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I clipped the lead coupler to both Merlin adn Oakley and then let Merlin "walk" Oakley around the garden to get Oakley used to the lead but without mum holding thr other end! Merlin thought it was great fun!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)