• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

natural yogurt

murphy's mum

Does anyone feed natural yogurt to their dogs? I've heard that it can be good for their digestion. How much do you feed and how often? Do you feed it on its own or with something? I know its a lot of questions but your all so great at answering them :D

Hi Murphys Mum,

Yes, I feed Penny natural yogurt. She doesnt like her food dry so sometimes mix a few spoonfulls of pro biotic yogurt into it... She seems to like it and i believe its good for her too.

Murph.

I give it sometimes and know people who give some every day -- a tablespoon or so into their meal.

King loves a lil yogurt!!! either plain or with food, he's not picky when it comes to food...lol except his dog food, then he's picky..lol

Yes, I buy organic pre/pro biotic yogurt for Maxx and he has about 2 tspns every evening to hide his tablet in :lol:

mine have a spoon full of probiotic some mornings .....i have the rest on my cornflakes

we love it icon_whistling

I have two that love yogurt...and two that don't :lol:

They get it mixed in with their dinner, 3/4 times per week, about a tablespoon full.

It's a very good idea esp if they have been on antibiotics or had stomach upsets as it replaces the "good" bacteria.

Dudley & Darby also have Yogurt & Cottage Cheese.
I usually mix it in with their dinner, I change them around and give them every other day about 1 Tbsp and also Pure Pumpkin.

Dudley is not fussy on pumpkin so I only give him a little.

Keeps that poop firm. :D :D

Sometimes I will add the yogurt to their food and my boys love it!! I only do it occasionally though because Cody's tummy is super sensitive. Also I will freeeze bits of apple and yogurt in ice cube trays for a treat and they go absolutely bonkers for that. It works well for cottage cheese too.

**Just make sure that they are corralled somewhere when they eat it so they won't take the melting cube on the furniture. I only made that mistake once!!! :yuk:

Back