• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how often???

lily

the vet advised me to worm lily 3 mths time... after that how often do you worm them. as an adult i think its every 6 mths but how often as a pup?? forgot to ask the vet..

I have gone today with Lia at the vet ad has said me that i've to worm her every three monts.
She has said me that every time i see worms in her poo or something similar i have to do an extra dose.

If you worm every three months you shouldn't see any worms at all. That's what we've done and our's have never had worms.

The Drontal Plus pack also says that if infestation is heavy, repeat after 14 days. The 3 monthly treatment is the routine for the 'aversge' dog, but people livingin areas where there are likely to be more worms, eg in areas with lots of sheep, treat more often.

Every three months for my lot.... and 6-8 weeks for flea treatment, when they are puppies the worming is done more often.

Gosh...The breeder I got Cody from has never had any worms in ANY of her litters...how is that possible?? When we got Cody tested, sure enough, no worms!! I have always read that all puppies had worms, but I went to the same vet as my breeder and no worms in any of her pups...

Should I be worming him now because he is older and in a different environment?

Kosmo was wormed every three weeks up until 3 months and then his fecal sample came back negative. We haven't wormed him since and I don't imagine we'll do so until next year's annual. Maybe there's different protocals for different locations though. ;)

I guess I prefer to get a stool sample first, to check if worming is even necessary. I hate giving meds that can be sort of toxic, well, not really toxic, but, well, you know what I mean....

Back