• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In Memory

OhMarley

Well I finally found a forum that really suits me hahahaa!!
Just wanted to share a few photos I have of my Jake, taken in his last year. He was such a funny dog and I really miss him. He has singly headedly...pawingly? Turned me into a Cav fanatic! It’s been a year since he passed and talking with my Mum we’ve decided to get another dog, due to MVD I looked at other options…but nothing else sat right it had to be a cav. So we’re now waiting and sometime in the future we’ll be blessed to share our lives with another beautiful cav.
Enjoy the pics :)

jakewebsmall.jpg

Just strolling around 8)
jakeandlucywebsmall.jpg

Snoozing with his biggest admirer. Lucy (the cat) was never allowed on his bed so she slept on the edge just to be close to him. This photo sadly is just before he passed away, she knew he was so ill and wouldn’t leave his side. She loved him so much, he was a god to her and she struggled when he went, but I can now report she’s doing well and spends most her time following me around.
needtokneedwebsmall.jpg

Here is Lucy kneeding away next to Jake who is unaware she's there he he he icon_whistling
jakethebaer-1.jpg

His big boofy head :lotsaluv:

ah soma hes geourgeous.. bet you do miss him but you have some brilliant memories to make you smile.... hope you get another cavy soon. I have a 10 week old tri & she has changed our lives sooooo much... she is adorable..

What lovely memories you have captured in these pictures. Jake looked very content and his relationship with Lucy was special. I really hope you find a new cavalier soon.

Your little cav looks adorable, they are just so cute!!!!!!!
His relationship with the cat was always a source of amusement, she was so besotted with him and he was bemused by her. I miss him so much but strangely his passing forced the cat to finally acknowlege us, ever since he got her has a kitten she's been so aloof, know she actually wants to hang out with me :lol:

thanks for posting the photos. he's such a beautiful dog. i love his whiteness and his expressions. thanks for sharing his spirit. *ng*l Lucy is very beautiful too.

hi

nice pictures jake was beautiful and lucy is sweet, i havent lost any pets yet but with 4 cats and 2 cavaliers ive got some heartache ahead :(

Soma,

Jake was a beautiful boy & i love the pics of him, especially the cat kneading next to him, whilst he slept unawares :lol:

How old was he when you lost him? I'm sure he's very missed by you all :hug:

Thanks for sharing these photos. Jake was a beautiful and sweet looking cavalier. :flwr: I hope you find a cavalier soon.

What a beautiful boy. So glad you can remember him so fondly. I just love the way Lucy behaved with him. That's so sweet.

He was 12 which is a good effort seeming he was diagnosed with MVD at 7, I'm lucky enough to work in a vet clinic so he had top of the range care with medications and advice i'm sure if it wasn't that wouldn't have made it too that age. He was a reject in the litter in terms of colour as he was so white hehehe but i loved it he was like a big white blimp :lol:
As for my cat she's awesome although she's slightly annoyed at me right now as I;
a) clipped her hahahaha
b) frontlined her
c) cleaned a cut on her leg and put bitter liquid on it so she cant lick it
I'm such a meany icon_whistling
Little does she know my 'treat' that she really enjoyed was actually heartguard ahahaha cl*p

She looks so funny i've never clipped her before, she's vanished, under her coat lies a very small cat!!

nov06018.jpg

Before

nov06052.jpg

and After :lol: :jump:

oh my gosh, that is some before and after display. no wonder she is not amused. :lol: nice job, the tail looks great too.

Oh bless her, poor little puddy! I used to have a hugely furry cat and everyone would say that he needed to diet - until he had to have a large section of fur clipped away for an operation - then you could see that it really was just fur :lol:

I thought she was getting fat until I clipper her :| it's amazing how deceiving their coats can be. I don’t know if I’ll clip her again, she’s so small it’s kind of scary… :yikes
Her tail looks so funny in comparison to her body now; it’s humongous, like a gigantic feather duster :l*v:

Those are fantastic pics of your pets!
Jake was gorgeous and 12 is a pretty good age :)
We also lost two cavaliers and toyed with the idea of a different breed, but I'd rather any amount of time with a cavalier than 15 with another breed. :D

I love your cat. But I think if you start using her as a feather duster it will really be the last straw ;)

Back