• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

allergy

Andrea&Diva´s mom

Does your cavalier have any allergy ?

Diva has:

Barley
Chicken
Corn
Oatmeal
Rice
Tomato
Turkey
Wheat
White potato

and so much much more :roll:

(i hope i'm saying allergy right, and i hope you understand icon_blshing )

My Merry has food allergies too. She cannot eat beef, chicken, rice, wheat and corn. If Merry eats any of these she will itch and itch and itch.

I'm due to book Teddy in for bloods. We've had to wait 8 weeks, as he had a short course of steroids. In those 8 weeks, his full coat is reduced to back, ears and tail. His ruff and legg feathers are gone.

Geordie has certain foods that don't agree with his digestive system (don't know if its an allergy, though):

Wheat
Corn
Chicken
Rice

There are intolerances and allergies...

Intolerances are usually defined by vomiting and diarrhoea whilst allergies have far more symptoms.

Charlie has multiple allergies (all diagnosed by blood tests) . Values greater than 150 are considered positive....

This is a list of his allergies...

D Farinae (house dust mite) 3377
D Pteronyssnus .. 271
Tyrophagus (storage mite - found in dried food) 3001
Lepidoglyphus .. 251
Acarus (also a mite) 1125

Timothy 838
Cocksfoot 848
Meadow Grass 615
Rye Grass 755
Sheep sorrel 877
English Plantain 546
Lambs Quarters 606
Mugwort 224

Oak 808
Cypress 304
Hazel 578
Elm 494
Beech 553
Sycamore 364
Willow 460
Ash 201

As you can imagine, living in the countryside, it's a bit of a nightmare with an extremely itchy, sneezy doggie :?

Poor Charlie! What a list. Grima, you have a real food list too for Diva. :shock:

No allergies here, but Lily definitely has an intolerance for some foods. Most of these are chews. I have discovered peanut flavour chewable nylabones for example pass thru way too fast and make a very unpleasant reappearance in a runny form for the next day or two. :yuk:

zack doesn't show any digestive symptoms unless i give him a chew, and then he will get one much softer mushier stool in a day, though other stools during the same day are normal, i think this happens with sams yams and rawhides. i wonder if rather than the food part of the chew, it's some other product of manufacturing, a preservative or something. It hasn't been a big enough issue to really get me concerned so far. I don't give him chews every day.

Sasha has been spitting up quite a bit (again) and this time I'm wondering if it is some allergies?? She has a throat problem anyway, and I've started adding some probiotic powder to her daily meal as well as a small piece of antacid. She had an episode last week where she must've choked on her food and threw up for 2 days. My regular vet seems rather clueless - my former vet is away for 3 weeks.

I might try the yogert just to see if it settles her stomach acids. Is plain yogert the best type to give??

Thanx.

Sheri

that sounds worrisome. it's especially hard if the vet seems clueless :( What kind of throat problem does she have? when zack had vomiting and they didn't know what was causing it (about every other day) they gave him Reglan and Pepcid. It didn't seem to help.

About feeding yogurt i have no clue. i think sometimes it's beneficial and other times it can cause some gastro-intestinal distress. But i would want to stay away from the sweetened yogurts in any event, sugar creates a friendly environment for yeast overgrowth, is bad for tooth enamel and can be harsh on the endocrine system--just in general. I don't know about Sasha though. I feel for you. as much as i hated zack having diarrhea, i hated him vomiting more.

Nina has a food intolerance for wheat which makes her sick .I find it quite strange as she is the greediest dog iv ever known and would happily eat anything containing wheat no matter how ill it makes her feel.our other dogs are fine though.

Lots of times iv chased her around the house trying to get a wheat dog biscuit off her :lol:

Back