• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Animal Planet Dog Show Broadcasts

Joanne M

As a complete novice to this world of cavalierdom, I have been watching the Dog Shows Broadcast on Animal Planet. Cavaliers are show within the Toy Dog Class, but they never win that Class. Why is that? I've been watching now for well more than a year and have yet to see a Cavalier win. These have been American Dog Shows. Do Cavaliers win Toy Classes in the UK? I've also noticed that the only cavaliers I've seen in the shows are blenheims or the occasional tri-color. Don't they like black and tan, or rubies as examples of the breed? Just wonderin.....

I might be wrong, but I think historically wholecolours do less well than the partis- simply because of the numbers involved. Proportionately, I think there are more partis than wholes, so I think it's harder to find a wholecolour that's really really superb-there areplenty of exceptions, but I think I remember reading this somewhere. Maybe in the states wholecolours are even more rare than they are here, so again poss less likely that there would be huge numbers in shows?

Sounds reasonable

I wondered if there were more blenheims and tri-colors than ruby and black and tans out there in the world. I think they're all beautiful, but of course, I'd love to see a black and tan or a ruby in the show ring too. I only watch the show for entertainment value, as I have no interest in pursuing this myself.

Back