• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Progress??! At last!

cecily

Look what I managed to snap yesterday! Tandie and Flea on the SAME sofa together
tandieflea.jpg

This has been the hardest work ever. We've had to keep Tandie on a lead all the time when Flea is in. They're still not friends, as you can see Flea is ready to hop off, but I think they've reached an understanding. Tandie is going to stop trying to eat Flea's tail, and Flea is going to stop climbing the curtain rails. They're having good and bad days. Some days Tandie ignores Flea completely and all is well and other days she tries to chase him a little. Still... silver lining... progress is being made :roll: :)

I can relate exactly to this right now! Lilo, the cat is nervous about Brandy, the little rescue ruby who has been with us for just over two weeks now. He will normally ignore her, he's not interested really but of course, she's still a bit nervous of him and will slink out of a room he's in or will just sit in the kitchen window making herself as small as possible - she's used to our other dogs of course, but it's progress!! She doesen't immediately run away as she did before and hopefully she will come to tolerate him totally...On the other hand, Max who does love Lilo will now almost incite Brandy to helphim chase her when he can- VERY BOLD MAX - it's almost a game to him and I'm not impressed. But she has plenty of places to hide into but I'm hopeful for a harminous household soon :winkct:

It is defintely progress, however I must admit everyone in that picture looks a little tense!! Give it another month or two. Things always get better with time.

tense but sharing a couch none the less!! :lol:
By christmas they'll be curled up together in a basket icon_whistling

Mind you get a photo when it does happen.... :D

Maybe it'll be Flea and the pup who'll chum, leaving Tandie all for you?!

That's a big advancement though! Sow but sure. Lily regularly sleeps on the couch with various cats and initially I thought she wanted them for lunch. :yikes

Cecily

That is great, even if they look a bit stressed.
At least they are on the same level. :D :D :D :D :D

Give them some time, keep us informed.

Awww thats wonderful news. I have 3 cats so when I get my pup itll be an interesting experience Im sure. Im glad to see it can be done though. Flea is a cutie too!

Back