• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

i think she is beautiful

i know this is going of subject a bit but when at a show you have walked your dog up and down then ask them to stand for judge why do people put their hand to mouth and do like a kiss noise???? never did that at ring class but loads of people do this,

Maybe they're wishing themselves luck? I didn't notice it at the (two!) shows I've been at, but next one I go to, I'm watching for that... :lol:

I know this is going of subject a bit but when at a show you have walked your dog up and down then ask them to stand for judge why do people put their hand to mouth and do like a kiss noise????

We do this because it gets the dog's attention and creates "expression" from the dog. It causes the dog to focus up onto the handler (toward the judge), and the *kiss*kiss* often creates just enough of that adorable "head cock" we all know and love so that they can look as cute as possible to the judge! :p The noise also helps raise the ears.

Judges use this final free-stack to look at two things: the overall shape and posture of the dog, and the expression of the dog.

The "hand to mouth" is because "hand" usually equals "cookie," and it helps to draw the dogs gaze and attention up towards the judge.

Hope that helps!

Sure! But, I think you'll find the connection with the hand comes quite naturally! ;) At the beginning of training a dog for conformation, you reward them ALOT with little morsles all the time. Trust me, they will figure out to follow your hand whever it goes very quickly. :D

The *kiss*kiss* just focuses their attention. Always a good idea to start practicing with it now, since there's a lot of distraction & noise at dog shows. They will recognoze the *kiss*kiss* means: "COOKIE, SOON!" :rotfl:

I can't see an ugly dog. I only see a bad person (very snob)

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Our rescues aren't phisically very beautiful. But all of them make us happy, so they are gorgeus!

:hug:

What a cheeky bitch I would have told her to look in the mirror.... :shock: but then I have a big mouth!

I have two pet peeves as a doggie mommy...

1. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assumes it is okay to pet, pick up or play with my doggie, no matter what situation! --- I wouldn't just come over and start petting or playing with your kid!

2. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assume since it isn't a human child, that it is okay to comment on how ugly or otherwise your dog is! I wouldn't go up to someone with a deformed kid and say... "oh my your kid is missing a leg, how gross or ugly!"

AHH! :yikes

Okay... now that I have that off my chest... (again only my opinion..) I think it was rude for her to say that! Oh well, maybe she is just jealous!

MathisGreen said:
2. Everyone (complete strangers) automatically assume since it isn't a human child, that it is okay to comment on how ugly or otherwise your dog is! I wouldn't go up to someone with a deformed kid and say... "oh my your kid is missing a leg, how gross or ugly!"

AHH!

!

people have no manners do they

We had a stall at a fundraising show & this horrible couple came over took OUR seats & started telling us how ugly our charlies were & that they had been to see some pups at our dogs breeders but they were far too ugly so they didnt buy one ( how can anyone say an 8 week old pup of any breed is ugly :( )

They had a little scruffy terrier cross thing & the woman was the most ugly person i've ever seen ( if you've seen the old woman in the film something about mary & imagine that 10 times worse) when they had finished insulting us she sat on a bench opposite twiddling her armpit hair & then chewing her nails :yikes :yuk:

i've also had a bad exprience at ring craft. i took my young girl for socalisation & they called her all sorts because she had a bad bite ( they didnt even know what breed she was) & one woman picked her up by her scruff !

Oh my word! How can anyone be so rude? I think Ellie is a beautiful little one and she'll soon be showing that woman with the ugly manners and personality just how beautiful, when she starts to win all the prizes ;)

Seriously, I think that beauty is only skin deep and it's what underneath that counts - that woman is obviously ugly through and through :yuk: Ellie, however, is a little angel right through to her heart and back out again :) :flwr:

I have issues with this woman, your dog has one beautiful face, shiny coat and eyes with personality! Some people are just unhappy and they like to spread their mood around to feel better - you have to ignore such ploys to serve no one but themselves.

Back