Thread: after vaccs

Post Thanks / Like

Default after vaccs

lily had her last vaccs last week until her years booster. did you all get advised to keep your pups within the home & garden for the 10 days following the last vaccs????

Post Thanks / Like

I was told a week, but have always gone one extra. After all there's a whole lifetime to spend out there, so what difference does a week make ?
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

10 days I think it ok but I'm extra careful, I'd 2 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: after vaccs

Quote Originally Posted by lily
    lily had her last vaccs last week until her years booster. did you all get advised to keep your pups within the home & garden for the 10 days following the last vaccs????
    Mine was ten days with Oakley - I think it depends on what the vet uses. It was 2 weeks when I got Merlin and that was only 2005.
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

my vet says 10 days ...although i am never in a rush to get them out

I am hoping to show cara so i don't want to over walk her
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

my vet told me a week

Post Thanks / Like

I would say to go with you gut, and basic common sense.... if your neighborhood is clean and has little dog traffic, I recommend starting her out on short walks now. Take Lily with you when you run arrands and go shopping. She is in a prime socialization window right now, and sometimes dogs can become quite fearful and skittish if people wait until 2 weeks after their final vax before they leave the house. Just use common sense - don't take her her to "potential risk areas" like dog parks, or put her on the ground in pet stores until 2 weeks after her vaccines. Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

We were told 10 days before Henry could go walking on ground, other than our garden. His second vaccination was at 10 weeks.

But we were allowed to carry him around before that time as long as he didn't touch paws down or meet other dogs close to. So we used to take him round our neighbourhood and even on walks in the woods with our Lucy - but he never touched the ground. We carried him in a shoulder bag sometimes, he loved that - really snug and comfy but he could see everything, meet people, get used to traffic noise etc.

Here he is at 9 weeks in his doggy bag!

Annie and Lucy (tri girl born Feb 06) and Henry (Blenheim boy born June 06)

Post Thanks / Like

cheers everyone.. lily's had a few car adventures out & had a run in the garden & this sunday will be her 1st day in the park or wherever we take her on sunday, weather depending... next step is getting her to toilet outside...