• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Private Messages

Joanne M

I wrote a couple of lengthy comments that I thought were going to be private. Not because there was anything in there of a private nature but because they were lengthy posts asking for advice. I had not begun the thread and I didn't want to hijack anyones post. At first I thought I'd just neglected to hit the pm button but the second time it happened, I realized it may be related to the site problems. I heard some people haven't been able to login in the last 4 to 5 hours. Thankfully I've been able to because I needed everyone's help tonight :) Another thing to be thankful for I wasn't talking about anything embarrassing in my pm's lol :)

People are having problems with a different board, not this site, and the board software should never be posting PMs as public posts (I also just tested it and it posted correctly to my inbox). But it is easy to get the buttons confused. :) Are you sure you are hitting the PM button and not 'reply'? If you post something you didn't mean to, then you can also delete it yourself by clicking the 'x' button as long as someone else hasn;t posted after you. You can also PM me or any moderator and we will delete a post that someone didn't mean to post. You can also always edit any post you have made and take out things you want by clicking the 'edit' button on your own posts.

hmmmmm

Honestly I wouldn't swear to it, I'm in menopause and my memory is suspect! Thanks :0) I love the format of this site, extremely user friendly.

Back