• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Here's Ella, our foster girl

JaneB

Just had to get a quick pic out here so you could see how sweet she is. It's amazing how fast this little flower has begun to blossom. Having never known humans, Ella is already walking nicely on a leash, :dgwlk: runs to the door with the girls and is asking to be picked up and snuggled.:lotsaluv: The best moment was when all of a sudden she held her tail out as she ran in true Cavalier style. For the first 24 hours I wasn't sure she had one as it was tucked tight between her legs. She is going to make someone a perfect companion. In just a matter of hours we are completely smitten. I'm afraid we are probably in for surgery, I'll know more after my vet sees her tomorrow. Her little back legs just don't look right to me, kind of like a cowboy's legs that have seen one too many roundups. She doesn't seem to be in any distress but I want to make sure she has every chance to be "normal." What a joy this has been! Please be patient with me, I'm so new at the rescue thing that I'm tending to run on about it. Well, here she is:

ELLA

Ellas-first-picture-small.jpg
:lotsaluv:

Oh, Jane! Ella is simply delicious!!! What a lottle doll-face! Bless you for taking care of her! I, too would love to hear her "story."

Check out my posting under the Breed Rescue section. I can't remember what it's titled - Missouri Rescue Trip. Ella came from a horrible puppy mill in Missouri. She was purchased out of an auction from inside a semi truck trailer that, I'm told, had cages stacked eight high on both sides of the trailer with a small path down the middle so the dogs could be fed and watered. Mind you, these were open wire cages so if the top dog relieved itself, well you get the picture. :grnyuk: She is so sweet and calm, really amazing little girl for all she's been through in less than six months of life. We are truly blessed to have her sharing our home until she's ready to find a forever family.

JaneB

Jane - she's adorable. Just imagine how wonderful you're going to feel when you find her her forever home and know that she is safe. Don't apologize for rambling....I'm loving reading all about your experiences.

Awww...what a doll! I really admire those of you who can handle fostering. I wanted to...really tried...gave it my best shot...but wound up being a foster failure 'cause I fell in love and couldn't imagine my ruby rescue living with anyone but ME! The only way I can foster now is if pups come to me already having a forever home waiting for them. And even then it's hard for me to not get too attached.

So major kudos to you and all fosters! :flwr: Keep us posted on her progress. It must be a joy to watch her flourish.

What a precious little girl. Thank you for giving her a chance to find some one to love her forever. :) :flwr:
Julie and the girls

It's wonderful that you have opened your heart to this sweet pup. Please continue to update us all on her progress! So glad that she is getting the chance for a happy life that she so deserves and thank you for giving her a great start.

Oh, it's impossible to run on too much about rescues! :lol: How wonderful that she is coming along so well! L)

She is beautiful Jane; I am so excited for you and for little Ella. I know you are busy with your little visitor, but any new word? I want an Ella!!! :lol:

re ella

she is so pretty i just melt away .my daughter is called ella the name means ...full of love.and a endless supply of love and affection.

I didn't know that - what a perfect name for her. She is so very sweet and gentle. A real snuggler!
I'm taking Ella to the vet tomorrow to see about her knees, well let you know what we find.
JaneB

Jane, you may find that Ella's legs are just weak through lack of use :(

You're doing such a wonderful job in taking Ella into foster. These puppy mill/farm dogs are so very very special and not an easy option. You're obviously doing this out of complete love of dogs.

Bradley's ex puppy farm and, when he moved in, he was falling over lots, because his back legs were weak .... not surprised, after 4 years in confinement :x

He still wobbles a little when he puts his leg up, but he is fit and healthy and can jump as high as anyone when he puts his mind to it in agility class.

Good luck at the vets.

x

Just got back from my vet, and yes, Ella has a grade 3+ luxating patella on her left leg and 2+ on her right. I'll be taking her to Cincinnati on Saturday to have her surgery done. It's about killing me to take her because she is coming along so well and I hate the thought she will be back in a crate again - hurts my heart. I know that dogs supposedly "live in the now" but, well you know, it's hard. I'll get her back as soon as she is released by the vet to recover with us until she is ready for her new forever home. Whomever gets to have her permanently is going to be sooooo lucky! She is a charmer. It never ceases to amaze me how forgiving dogs can be, she loves everyone. I'll keep you posted on how she does. Send up some prayers for her that she sails through all of this.

JaneB

Prayers for Ella on the upcoming surgery. Best to go ahead and do it now. We only crated Shelby at night after her surgery (but she was used to sleeping in a crate). During the day we set up an x-pen in the middle of the family room (dang thing was in the middle of our family room for 4 months!) but it allowed her to be contained yet with us at the same time. She came to be very comfortable in it. In fact, Jake would go in to visit sometimes. We had a bet in there and a couple of toys so she was very comfy.

Back