Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie was MRI'd - here we go again :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you did get him scanned Donna - good luck with the results.

Sorry you had such a bad experience though what a nightmare.

Please make sure you do get a copy of the scan and the report...and arrange for it to be sent to Clare Rusbridge for her opinion...she has seen the most scans of anyone and can give you the best information. I arranged for TedBear's scan to be sent to her...

It's a shame about Charlie's nails...we have that problem with TedBear too, it's a nightmare
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had to deal with all this--amongst everything else. Good for you for getting a letter off to them!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shay
    How much does a scan cost in England in dollars? Just wondering what the difference in US and England is when I get Lily scanned.
    At the current exchange rate that would be $2,500....but the dollar is very low against the pound at the moment.

If you ask your vet to contact your nearest scanning centre, they will be able to give you a quote.

There are some low cost schemes running in the US too...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LIVS offers a low cost scanning programme: www.livs.org

They are in Long Island.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your replies. I have been so busy and also poorly so haven't had chance to get on here and post.

We have sort of got a result on Charlie but James said it is very 'muddled' and so he wants a Neurologist to look at Charlie's scans and report.

He apparently has no Malformation or herniation and no syrinxes but he does have some hydrocephalus which is apparently ' variable' - this is the bit that confuses us - how can hydrocephalus be variable? If it is worse on one side than the other why not say so????

Anyway, he continues to scratch and bite himself and he is getting all sore again. Nothing we have tried so far has had any effect on him and so now James wants him in for skin biopsies. He is going in for the day on the 12th & he will also get his nails and especially his dew claws, cut at the same time. that we get some answers and that it is treatable

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Donna,

I am just catching up with this thread now.. How absolutely awful for you to have to go through this..

First off I wanted to tell you that I just recently noticed that you got charlie as a "problem rescue." Bless you for that.. You're such a wonderful person Donna.

I am sorry Charlie is feeling so poorly. And then to be treated as you're not important at the doctor's office.. I hate it when stuff like that happens. It's ridiculous that they don't treat you a little better especially since you're paying all of that money... They should be offering you sirloin steak and wine during the scans..

Also I am sorry his results have come back sort of "muddled." Do you think maybe he could be experiencing all of these symptoms from some of the allergies that he has? I know it sure points to SM, but lets pray that they can find the answer and it's fast, simple, and treatable.

Let us know when you find something out.. Also make sure to take some time out for yourself and take care of yourself Donna.. Make yourself a nice hot bubble bath and just lay down and read a book or listen to music or... talk on the phone.. whatever makes you happy.

Here's to getting some good news and for you and your family to start feeling better..
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

{{{{{{{{Sara}}}}}}}} thanks for your post I can assure you that I'm not a wonderful person at all Charlie needed a home where he could be loved & feel secure and we could offer him one - simple as that

Granted, not many people would have put up with him and his behaviour problems but I liken him to a wayward teenager or a naughty toddler & I know which I'd prefer At least Charlie will get on my lap and cuddle into me and let me know he loves me, sometimes - Oh yeah, and he doesn't stamp up the stairs and bang doors when he can't get his own way

Hubby is less tolerant of his peeing in the house, mind you & threatened to keep him in the kitchen until he stopped. Well, that is until I said that if Charlie had to stay in the kitchen then he (hubby) would have to live in the garage .

We're going to wait and see what his neurology report comes back as re: his symptoms but there is definitely something else going on in there too with him biting his belly

He's going in on the 12th for his skin biopsies and James has assured me that he will heal quickly afterwards. I just want him all better so that he can begin to really enjoy life

Love n hugs to you and Kos & big kisses for him too xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Donna,

Hope poor Charlie bops feels better soon and you have some good news after he 12th. Have you tried tea tree mist to sooth his itchiness? even if only a little....
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're sending hugs from my three to Charlie! And we're keeping our fingers crossed for a good outcome on the 12th
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks both

Kirsty, i have tried everything I can think of - even Rescue remedy cream - nothing works