• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie was MRI'd - here we go again :(

Thanks Norma & Shay :flwr: Charlie is soooooooooo playful now and actually wants to go for walks and huffs when I bring him home :lol:

It does make me wonder just how much of his discomfort has been related to his allergies & now that the treatment for them has finally kicked in, he's showing his true self. I've also clipped all of his coat off (except his ears and tail of course) as he was pulling his fur out around the blisters - he's stopped that now too :D

Maxx also has SM but he copes really well, bless him. He is on 20mg Frusemide and 1ml dilute Tagamet a day. Since Charlie wants to play, Maxx has now started to play with him and they now spend their resting time snuggled up in one bed together - something I never thought would happen!!!!

Norma, how's your delicious Arne? He's such a handsome boy - possibly THE most handsome B&T I've ever seen :flwr:

Donna....That's really good news about both boys. I am starting to think that all of Lily's scratching is allergy related too. I've had her to the Vets 3 times this month for vomiting, and again had her there yesterday. The Vet took an x-ray, nothing in her tummy, but her stomach lining is thick. If all the blood work comes back today normal, the Vet said we will start looking at the allergy possibility. He said that allergies could be causing the vomiting too.

Shay, if it's of any use to you, Charlie used to vomit loads - almost every meal came right back up again :( He's not done it for some time now though. I really think the treatment is working :flwr:

Yes Shay it was - he was on hypoallergenic food too so we've had to take him off the dried food (even though I was soaking it and then giving it to him cold and wet) and put him on Butchers Tripe :grnyuk: It stinks but dogs love it :roll: If he has any of the other Butchers foods he vomits again so he just has the tripe one now and is doing fine on it :D

Thanks Donna...All her tests came back negative. He has told me to start putting fish oil in her food, in case her skin is dry. He wants to wait a while longer before putting her on low allergen food to see if the vomiting stops. He also has her on something to settle her tummy before she eats. So we'll see.

Back