Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie was MRI'd - here we go again :(

Post Thanks / Like

donna, what excellent news that charlie doesn't have the malformation or syrinxes. but hydrocephalus is a frightening diagnosis. poor little guy. i know what it's like to so desperately want them to be well and happy and enjoying life, it's so hard when they suffer, it's a such a sad and helpless feeling. charlie is getting the best of care, i hope soon there will be some clarification of what's going on and some effective treatment.

i've had two MRIs, years ago, and there was no one there to read or interpret them when i had them done. I had to wait for the report to be sent to my referring doctor in order to find out the results. that sucked. i was trying to get some info out of the technician because they know something about what they're seeing, and they did take some mercy on me and gave me some reassurance in general terms.

me and zack are hoping for some helpful news for Charlie

PS why is he called Mr Skeritt. Isn't he a doctor?

Post Thanks / Like

Donna -
    that's great that he doesn't have SM! i hope the hydrocephalous is treatable and perhaps with treatment he can receive more comfort.

Hope he's feeling better soon!
    -kendall
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

So happy Charlie doesn't have SM. I don't know that much about hydrocephalus, but I hope that is a better diagnosis than SM. Hoping all goes well for Charlie and you!
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

What a pity that the clinic staff had less than great "bedside manner". Did you meet any other cavaliers there? Seems were an awful lot of MRI's to have scheduled for one day. Pansy had a full scan and if recall correctly, it took an hour and a half, though she was groggy later, so we didn't go right home. The vets, radiologists and office staff were very supportive. We went to Tacoma WA for a special bre-breeding clinic for CKCS.
    Pansy and her mum, MaryBelle

Post Thanks / Like

We were charged just over 1200 GBP for ours - when I questioned that it was coming up as cheaper on the Cavalier Club website I was told by Clare that this was only for breeders - they did the scan and then wrote and told them the results - they didn't see or check the dogs...have you written to complain yet Donna.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Donna,
    I'll be thinking of Charlie tomorrow and hoping (and praying) that everything goes well. Hope he gets his nails clipped as well.
    So glad to hear that you have something exciting to do as it will take your mind off Charlie. Even a little distraction can be helpful...

Best of luck

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

best wishes for charlie. i hope he comes through ok and the procedure leads to some helpful information, which will make it all worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Donna -

Just sitting here and thinking of your crew.. Hopefully everything is going well today.. *HUGZ* from me and Kos
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Donna - can you let us know how Charlie got on please. I hope everything is OK . Do you have to wait for James to get results back??

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Claire,

the results for Charlie should be back by Christmas....

and as for the MRI scan costs.... it seems with Insurance cover like Donna and I and many others have they have a free reign with the bill at the end....not one of my scan costs were ever the same, but I did manage to get a low cost scan at Chestergates....I just rang and asked and they did it with no questions...

Shop around or make sure you have good cover when you bring your pup home.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.