Thread: Yelping in the snow - normal ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yelping in the snow - normal ?

Cherrise loves to play in the snow , she' s all crazy bout it but yesterday she starts limping after playing for 10 minutes plus whimpering, not sure whether this is normal.. :S i was guessing most probably her legs are frozen ? but how come only one ? and other dogs seemed to be fine.. are cavaliers not meant to play in snow? the only other puppy that yelped like crazy had pattelar.. could it be that she has one too ?
    Lin. proud owner of baby Cherrise, Blenheim princess, 11.5 months and baby Hope, Pomeranian princess, 10.5 months.. !

Post Thanks / Like

I would go get her knees checked by a vet to be sure. Good luck
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It sounds like she hurt herself on something or maybe it is her knees. If she is still limping and whimpering I'd have it checked.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely get her checked out, just to be sure. But, last winter when I took my dogs out, it was quite cold, and Bentley started to yelp as we walked across some ice, and the minute I picked him up and got him off the ice he was OK, I think he may have gotten some ice in his tender paws.
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

She was alright too after, two minutes she entered the room she started running around again with other pups just wondered.. cause if they are actually living in the wild , they would have to stand heat/cold anyways.. i guess spoiled my baby girl too much
    Lin. proud owner of baby Cherrise, Blenheim princess, 11.5 months and baby Hope, Pomeranian princess, 10.5 months.. !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babyC
    if they are actually living in the wild , they would have to stand heat/cold anyways.. i guess spoiled my baby girl too much
    But domestic dogs are evolved far away from the wild varieties. Their bodies are not exactly the same and that's why the arguement that they should be able to eat raw bones and meat fails, too.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.