• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yelping in the snow - normal ?

babyC

Cherrise loves to play in the snow , she' s all crazy bout it :fool: but yesterday she starts limping after playing for 10 minutes plus whimpering, not sure whether this is normal.. :S i was guessing most probably her legs are frozen ? but how come only one ? and other dogs seemed to be fine.. are cavaliers not meant to play in snow? the only other puppy that yelped like crazy had pattelar.. could it be that she has one too ? :huh:

It sounds like she hurt herself on something or maybe it is her knees. If she is still limping and whimpering I'd have it checked.

Definitely get her checked out, just to be sure. But, last winter when I took my dogs out, it was quite cold, and Bentley started to yelp as we walked across some ice, and the minute I picked him up and got him off the ice he was OK, I think he may have gotten some ice in his tender paws.

She was alright too after, two minutes she entered the room she started running around again with other pups :sl*p: just wondered.. cause if they are actually living in the wild , they would have to stand heat/cold anyways.. i guess spoiled my baby girl too much :roll:

babyC said:
if they are actually living in the wild , they would have to stand heat/cold anyways.. i guess spoiled my baby girl too much :roll:

But domestic dogs are evolved far away from the wild varieties. Their bodies are not exactly the same and that's why the arguement that they should be able to eat raw bones and meat fails, too.

Back