Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppia vs Normal Harnesses

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puppia vs Normal Harnesses

I have a normal harness that I use for Bella but I know that most people on this site specifically use Puppia harnesses.

I don't know much about this brand - are Puppia better than a normal harness?

MTIA
    Mum to Bella - Ruby bitch (3 years old)

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering this too as I know the normal ones are cheaper and also I don't know where to find Puppias.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i can't be of anymore help but i have a puppia for lady i chose this over other kinds of harness because a) they look so cute on b) they seem to me more comfortable on a dog as it's all elastic at sides unlike some of the other harness's available c) So many rec on this site d) Tried puppia on lady the other day and she seemed to take to the harness quicker to the collar which she couldn't stand had to take it off straight away it was stressing her out. hope that was some help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are a range of good harnesses available. Cavaliers with their deep chests are sometimes able to easily back out of some on the market, though. I use the petedge.com step-in harness too but I like the Puppias for reasons above -- they look cute and seem especially comfortable for the dogs. I also like the look of the harnesses in this thread:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5300 but they are out of smalls at the moment.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I originally used the normal harnesses, but switched to a step in for my shih tzu, Stewie. He is built like a brick and it was hard to find something that was wide enough for his girth, but small enough for his overall size. Because I tried about every size available trying to find one wide enough that won't weight the poor little guy down, Cody got Stewie's hand-me-downs. (Which is quite funny because Cody is now twice Stewie's size ). The regular harnesses put a lot of pressure right behind his armpits and he seemed uncomfortable.

I had never heard of a puppia before I came on this site, and I just loved the way they looked. I purchased one and I love the way they work for my boys. You can just tell that Cody is so much more comfortable on the leash now, and Wesley just looks so handsom!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

Have you seen this seller of the fleece lined harnesses on eBay?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLEECE-LINED-d...QQcmdZViewItem

They also look lovely!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got Tucker's Puppia Harness in the mail today. The medium fits him and he weighs 13 pounds. I inquired where I could purchase one after viewing the pictures here of cavaliers wearing Puppias. I like how they look and they appear to be more comfortable. Tucker looks very handsome in his red puppia. It was also refreshing to receive something through the post that I'd ordered online, and find it looks exactly as it appears in pictures. Until today Tucker has worn an inexpensive harness from Walmart . It worked fine but was not near as cute, and possibly not as comfortable. But, you'll have to confirm that with Tucker
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone for one of the one's from the eBay seller I posted above - will report back when it arrives

Post Thanks / Like

I find that they seem so comfortable then the regular ones... King's old one seemed (from what I saw) to sometimes cut into his armpits...not badly but it looked like it was uncomfortable...So after hearing bout the Puppia I got right online and ordered 1 for King
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning to get one until I read this thread...

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/v...puppia+harness

A warning about the clasps on the Puppia harness and lead are mentioned here. Enough to put me off.