• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Guy...related to Whitney and my Jack...

Nicki

Jack's breeder asked me to do some work on a photo of her dog, Guy, for next year's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club Yearbook...

I had to remove the background and add in some colour...

She was very pleased and has given me permission to post it here...Guy is {Alison's} Whitney's litter brother, same parents but different litter from my Jack, and half brother to my Kyla.

Guy.jpg

I think he is just stunning, he has qualified for Crufts next year :mexwav: and I'm going to go down to see him...WOO HOO!!!

Thanks Claire...sadly I didn't get to take the photograph - shame I would love to have a chance to cuddle that wee fellow :D I just worked on it, the background was houses and fences, and we wanted to make him stand out.

Did you smudge around him and then put a smudge fill of colour in? :D Beautiful work! I'd like to know how you did it if my guess above was too simplistic...

Oh, Nicki, he is breathtakingly beautiful. And the picture you did is terrific! Nice work. I sure hope he wins at Crufts.

Oh My Nicki he is stunning, no wonder Whitney, Jack & Kyla are all so goregeous. :lotsaluv:

So are we all sending you orders now to do the same for us. ;) ;)

No wonder he qualified for Crufts he really is one absolutey beautiful cavalier.

You, Allison & Donna are all lucky that you are going to Crufts and get to see him in person.

Wow...he absolutely takes my breath away!! What a totally stunning fabulous looking boy. Seriously...you should have heard me sigh as I scrolled down to see his picture!!

Thanks everyone....I just think he is so lovely, it was a pleasure to work on him!!!

Originally I boosted the colours with the shadow/highlights tool {as I do with most digital photos} and sharpened the image a little.

I then had to select Guy from the background {using the magic wand tool in Photoshop, with lots of additions and subtractions, it took AGES :( }. Then feather that selection to give the soft edge.

I removed the colour from the existing background {desaturate - but don't use that to convert to black and white as it doesn't give a good range of tones}, then used a blurring filter on the background.

I then put colour back into the background, a bit of trial and error to see what looked best :D

Took most of the evening as I'm still learning Photoshop but it was good fun!!!

I might think about taking orders in the future Lulu LOL!!!

Back