• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fish

Linda

Tonight we were having Sole for dinner so I decided to try giving the boys some for their dinner. I was expecting them to walk away, but Darby scraped that bowl like he was digging for a bone, then proceeded to go see if he could help Dudley out with his. To my surprise Dudley also gobbled the lot and there was none for Darby to help him out with. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I mixed it in with their kibble.

Can I give them Sole once a week for a change. ???
Karlin h*lp

I know you mentioned mackrel and sardines just wasn't sure if Sole was okay too no bones.

Sure, cooked sole is fine if expensive! :lol: Any fish is fine as far as I know. I have never been brave enough to feed it raw though because of the bones. I feed tinned as it is easy but give them any fish leftovers I have. They are partial to shrimp too. ;)

Save the lobster for me! Tucker likes salmon. He also likes tunafish from a can. By the way, I got in touch with his breeder. Her food recommendations echoed almost everything I'd read here on this board. Tucker's vet is an advocate for IAMS, saying how SURPRISED she was that it would be the culprit for his loose stool. Tucker's breeder see's a naturalist as well as a vet for her 8 dogs. Happy to report that Tucker's father is 5 yr old and has no sign of MVD and neither does his mother.

Hmmm. I had sushi for dinner, it was raw tuna and raw salmon wrapped in rice and seaweed. I didn't finish all of it. I wonder if it would be OK to give it to zack. There is some flavoring to the rice, very mild. i don't know how to fix sushi, just buy it already made, so i don't know if there are any ingredients that would be digestive challenges. i wonder if it's ok for zack, or just the fish part. sushi is raw fish, but no bones.

King loves salmon, flounder, sole, tuna, shrimp...almost every lil fishy he loves.... I was on a big California Roll fix a couple months ago, I gave him some before he loved it (minus the avocado) He loved it!!! Crab, Cucumber, Seaweed, and Brown Rice.... Hmmmmm yum yum

Cupcake goes bonkers for tuna. She's loves it even more than our cats! I give her tablespoon or so of tuna ever few days and it doesn't seem to cause any ill effects.

fish.Alfie pet HATE

alfie cant stand fish,i once openend a can of tuna and put the oil into his food he just looked at it for about 30 mins.he would not touch it i had to throw it away.hates fishfingers.cod and salmon.the vet said oil goood for them.i always gave my dogs and horses cod liver oil.he will even start growling and barking at anything fishie.But he loves cooked veg and pasta...

I put several drops of fish oil on their dry food every morning, and they love it! :) Next time we have leftover fish, I'm going to try giving them a taste.

I've given Coco a bit of smoked salmon 3 or 4 times. She absolutely loved it. I was hoping to continue to give it to her once or twice a week every week. Does anyone know if this is okay for her??? icon_nwunsure

Cathy Moon said:
I put several drops of fish oil on their dry food every morning, and they love it! :) Next time we have leftover fish, I'm going to try giving them a taste.

Hey Cathy Moon

Does that include Lobster. :yikes :yikes :yikes

The boys loved the Sole, I mixed it with their kibble so it's not too bad.

Cathy I also give Fish Oil on their Kibble, 1/8 of a tsp but not everyday as if too too much I find it softens the stool.

I bought some sardines, bet they won't eat them I would'nt. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good idea, I think my 3 would love sardines! :)

I buy fish oil softgels, 1000 mg, at the drugstore. Every morning I poke a hole in one softgel and put drops of oil on their Evo. I try to divide it equally. It's maybe 7 drops of oil per dog. ;)

Cathy how does that smell?! :grnyuk:

I tried to buy dried salmon for Kosmo but every time I sneak one to him even when avi is not looking he starts saying "OH MY GOD GROSS GROSS GROSS" "IM GONNA THROW UP!" :lol: "WHAT IS THAT!?" And I say "I don't know you must have farted?" :lol: I think fish is good for him but Avi has absolutely NO stomach for fish.

Okay... I must be silly, but what is Sole? (okay a fish right?) but where do you find it? What region is it from?

I am from goofy ole' Ohio, so not that familiar with eating fish (other than in sushi) actually.

icon_whistling :oops: icon_whistling Feeling embarrassed and goofy.....

arasara said:
Cathy how does that smell?! :grnyuk:

I tried to buy dried salmon for Kosmo but every time I sneak one to him even when avi is not looking he starts saying "OH MY GOD GROSS GROSS GROSS" "IM GONNA THROW UP!" :lol: "WHAT IS THAT!?" And I say "I don't know you must have farted?" :lol: I think fish is good for him but Avi has absolutely NO stomach for fish.

The fish oil has no scent; it's such a small amount. :lol:

Over in the UK it is Dover Sole - yummy, especially with blackened butter and capers - it is a flat fish. Linda let me know when you next having it - am on the first plane over... :D

The superior sole, Dover sole is a member of the flatfish family, fished from the North Sea to the Mediterranean. It has a light brown/grey speckled skin and a creamy underside. It has a firm but delicate and flavourful flesh and is best cooked as simply as possible. It's traditionally skinned on the darker side only, leaving the white skin of the underside in place. The skin separates easily from the flesh and the flesh falls easily from the bone.

Found this on the BBC website.

Claire said:
Over in the UK it is Dover Sole - yummy, especially with blackened butter and capers - it is a flat fish. Linda let me know when you next having it - am on the first plane over... :D

Claire

We are having Sole again tonight with Shrimp, should I save you a plate. ;) ;) ;)

Bye the way the boys love it.
Of course me too, I think I will have Salad but the Human Monsters want chips. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Back